• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The real value in trading up to number 1

Gash

2 hours ago, Varking said:

I mean we did buy the publicity. But it’s short lived. Once the season starts if we are good, we are going to get publicity. If we are bad, it’s going to be like everyone other year for us. 

I dont know about that. Whichever qb we take is gonna have a lot of interest as long as they are on the field. Especially the Young Vs Stroud narrative. Just about guaranteed to keep both teams relevant.

2 hours ago, Varking said:

I mean we did buy the publicity. But it’s short lived. Once the season starts if we are good, we are going to get publicity. If we are bad, it’s going to be like everyone other year for us. 

Publicity? Winning is what matters and all the publicity in the world will get us zero(O) wins.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

#1 pick and we're getting the runt.

But that runt is going to be hoisting the Lombardi  for us when he wins both the NFL and Superbowl MVP.

He might have to have help lifting it, but he'll  lift it, dammit.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

But that runt is going to be hoisting the Lombardi  for us when he wins both the NFL and Superbowl MVP.

He might have to have help lifting it, but he'll  lift it, dammit.

Also Young going undefeated all season, undefeated in the playoffs, and win the SB which has never been done except for the 72 Dolphins when they did it by going undefeated all season and won the SB. We would be right behind them. Mess with the Patriots and show them how to go undefeated all the way to the SB. I know this is just a dream thought but you never know.

15 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

#1 pick and we're getting the runt.

"A runt of the litter appeals to many buyers. Runts are frequently the heroes in fiction and movies. The runt at eight weeks is a true survivor. Much like the fictionalized runts, the runt puppy has beaten the odds and has continued in its quest for life. The runt stands out among its many same looking littermates. Its diminutive size can be very attractive to many different buyers."

Ok,  then after week 8 , I'm hoping we have our hero    🙂

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Gash said:

Ive heard so many criticisms about what it cost the Panthers to swap first round picks with the Bears.

Too many picks in return, 25yo WR in his prime, ect.

No clear number one QB.

Since the trade, 90% of news about the NFL in general and 100% of draft coverage includes the Panthers. 

You cant buy that kind of publicity. 

100% worth it to me.

I'd rather have publicity during the season.  If you're getting publicity during the offseason it means you suck.

Panthers should have stood pat and traded up next season.