• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Current odds for #1 overall

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Them some good drugs you on.

I trust the draft insiders, who say that no team in the top 10 likes Richardson, and that Detroit, Seattle, and Atlanta want to wait a year before thinking QB and want to take the defensive help this draft offers.

The Titans want a QB, the Colts love Levis, and the Texans are not a fan of anyone but Young, but it's possible they could take Levis 2 and Stroud would then go 4, and the Titans would then pass on QB this year.

Remember, no one would have believed that Malik would fall out of the top 60 last year, or Howell/Corral/Ridder that late in the draft either. Richardson is viewed as a pure athlete that needs years of seasoning, kind of like how Malik was the same thing a year earlier (Richardson is a better prospect of course though)

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I trust the draft insiders, who say that no team in the top 10 likes Richardson, and that Detroit, Seattle, and Atlanta want to wait a year before thinking QB and want to take the defensive help this draft offers.

The Titans want a QB, the Colts love Levis, and the Texans are not a fan of anyone but Young, but it's possible they could take Levis 2 and Stroud would then go 4, and the Titans would then pass on QB this year.

Remember, no one would have believed that Malik would fall out of the top 60 last year, or Howell/Corral/Ridder that late in the draft either. Richardson is viewed as a pure athlete that needs years of seasoning, kind of like how Malik was the same thing a year earlier (Richardson is a better prospect of course though)

I can see Richardson falling, it's the Stroud falling to 9-11 that has me puzzled.

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I can see Richardson falling, it's the Stroud falling to 9-11 that has me puzzled.

He's an enigma right now. I think most likely him, but there's just this nasty seed of doubt that has popped in that is making people tap the brakes.

Teams are thinking, "I think he'll do good, but do I really want to bank my job on this guy or do I want to go a safer route with another position?"

If the draft were a week earlier or even a week later it could be a different deal, but the current narrative just doesn't work in his favor.

3 hours ago, frankw said:

There's like 2 posters here that I feel will legitimately be angry about BY as the pick. On the other side I get the vibe that if there is a remote possibility we pick Stroud or Richardson some folks here who have fallen so madly in love may dive out of a window.

I don't know that anyone on the Huddle has fallen madly in love with Young. At least I haven't seen it. What I can say is that there are those, myself included, who believe that he has the best tape, unique talent, and the most natural feel for what he needs to do situationally to have success on the field at any given moment during a game.   We all know what his presumed shortcoming is. Some have decided that makes him untouchable, while others say that when weighed against everything else, the risk is with the reward.

• Beer 2