• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud: I’m a football player, not a test taker

NAS

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Still here.

Stroud has looked good.

but still way to early to compare he and Bryce.  Especially with both in completely different situations 

I'd say the talent on both sides is comparable if not better in Carolina. Everyone qb is in a different situation but that doesn't stop the elites from performing.

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Houston was legit one of the worst teams in the league last year.  They are down 4 offensive linemen.   Are you implying that Young is in a worst spot?

I mean.

quite a few people in the league would take Pierce over Sanders.  He was a bright spot last year.

Nico Collins has looked to be one of the rising young WRs in the league and not necessarily because Stroud.  He’s has been getting open open and making some big boy catches.  Looked about as good as DJ Moore ever was here.

OL has had some hiccups but really not worse than Carolina’s.  Also their new OC has done quite well who came from the Shanahan vs the bland route concepts we’ve seen Reich call so far.

Not really making excuses.  But just reality of watching film.

But Stroud has done a good job of delivering

910048EA-1037-4CFF-9AB6-9A532A87A8EF.jpeg

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If you think Stroud is in a better situation then Young, all things considered, then I am politely going to leave this debate because there is no arguing with crazy talk

Then we’ll have to agree to disagree 

because the isn’t anyone in the league right now who would take any weapon we have over Nico Collins.  Would take Sanders over Pierce.  And the OL as a wash.

Then actually watching the tape and the play concepts.  It be hard to argue Reich’s scheme and play calling over what the guy has done out there so far.

If we swapt the players we’d be saying the same thing about the other QB.

not crazy talking.  Just not box score talk.

Edited by ncfan
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If you think Stroud is in a better situation then Young, all things considered, then I am politely going to leave this debate because there is no arguing with crazy talk

13 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Nico Collins has looked to be one of the rising young WRs in the league and not necessarily because Stroud.  He’s has been getting open open and making some big boy catches.  Looked about as good as DJ Moore ever was here.

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

DJ Moore had four 1,000yd seasons with some of the most garbage QBs and OCs in Panther history. So I will 2nd crazy talk!

5 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

DJ Moore had four 1,000yd seasons with some of the most garbage QBs and OCs in Panther history. So I will 2nd crazy talk!

That’s not a bash on DJ

Dude was amazing.  I’m just going off watching film and what they’re doing. (Nico is on pace to have 1400 yards currently if he maintains)

Edited by ncfan

The only thing I can say is, on paper, Houston's o-line should look worse than ours. But yesterday, they didn't allow a sack. Like ours, their running game was terrible. But Houston never gave up on it. 

I feel like their coaching staff has made adjustments to their injuries. Our o-line looked horrible. Dalton was more successful than Bryce, but he made decisions quicker. And some of our receivers were actually open occasionally. 

CJ's receivers look good, but he also makes them look good. 

I don't know about y'all, but it seems like we have yet to see a clean pocket from our team. They can't protect the QB and they can't run the ball. So even though I wanted Stroud, there's no way I can judge Bryce right now.

• Pie 1

Just now, 96Bravo said:

The only thing I can say is, on paper, Houston's o-line should look worse than ours. But yesterday, they didn't allow a sack. Like ours, their running game was terrible. But Houston never gave up on it. 

I feel like their coaching staff has made adjustments to their injuries. Our o-line looked horrible. Dalton was more successful than Bryce, but he made decisions quicker. And some of our receivers were actually open occasionally. 

I don't know about y'all, but it seems like we have yet to see a clean pocket from our team. They can't protect the QB and they can't run the ball. So even though I wanted Stroud, there's no way I can judge Bryce right now.

he throws with pin point accuracy down the field and yesterday he did a lot of maneuvering in the pocket to buy time, it was beautiful

• Beer 2

26 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That’s what I’ve been saying as well, panthers roster is…well was better than the Texans at the start of the season. Maybe it still is, regardless, I hate hearing the WRs are bad argument when stroud is dominating with Collins and Robert woods 

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

That’s what I’ve been saying as well, panthers roster is…well was better than the Texans at the start of the season. Maybe it still is, regardless, I hate hearing the WRs are bad argument when stroud is dominating with Collins and Robert woods 

A rookie is 2nd in yards on the team, a rookie taken in the 3rd and he is avg slightly below 100/game

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 96Bravo said:

I like your level-headed response.

Pre-season the Panthers were considered the best landing spot for a rookie QB - QB coach that played 16 years, OC from McVay coaching tree, HC that played and was OC for a SB winning team 

However, on-field - eight false starts, 2.7 yards per carry, the longest play of the season is a 47-yard TD to Chark on a busted play.

The biggest indictment so far is which young player on offense (still on rookie contract) looks better this year from Rhule regime. Ickey, Tremble, TMJ, Shenault, Chubba? 

The second half of the season will be telling - whether mistakes and self-inflected wounds are cleaned up

• Beer 1

Here is the comparison:

QB:

Bryce Young ( first overall pick on a team that had the 9th overall pick ) vs CJ Stroud ( second overall pick on a team drafting 2nd overall ) = On paper Panthers favored. Higher rated QB drafted by team with much better record.

RB:

Miles Sanders 2022 stats 1269 yards, 4.9 a carry and 11 tds vs Dameon Pierce 2022 stats 939 yards, 4.3 a carry and 4 tds. = on paper Panthers favored. Sanders more bulk stats and better efficiency. 

WR:

Theilen ( 711 yards and 6 TDs ) , TMJ ( 490 yards 0 TDs ) , Mingo drafted in the second round vs Collins ( 481 yards and 2 TDs ), Robert Woods ( 527 yards and 2 TDs ), Tank Dell drafted in the third round. = on paper Panthers favored. More yards and more TDs and a higher draft pick to pair with a higher draft picked QB. 

TE:

Hurst ( 414 yards and 2 TDs ) vs Schultz ( 577 yards and 5 TDs ) = on paper TEXANS. Current score is Panthers 3 vs Texans 1. 

Offensive Line:

I will do this basic

Panthers Oline ( 36 sacks and 4.6 yards per carry  )  vs Texans Oline ( 38 sacks and their run game averages 3.7 a carry ) = On paper a WASH but slight lean to Carolina who had a first round pick in this group who should be better in year 2. 

For what its worth, PFF rated Carolina as the 16th best offensive line in football last season. Houston ranked 25th. 

Non-Player

Panthers hire offensive minded coach and create an "all star" coaching staff vs A defensive minded head coach getting a shot at the job for the first time. 

Before the season started and into the preseason all signs pointed to us being a better team than them. 

• Beer 1