• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Anthony Richardson was Panthers QB #2

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Carroll even admitted during the process that he hates picking this high (even though it's because of a trade).  And if you're this high, you go for the moonshot.  They've got 20, 37, 52, 83.  Plenty of picks to build a team.  If you're a playoff team sitting at 5, with an emerging opening for a QB, and you can essentially redshirt the guy, you go for it.  

Perfect situation for both team & player. 

Yeah, I caught that when he said it a couple of months ago. Gotta wonder what Denver would have done if they still had that pick and RW contract. 

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

CJ should have refused.  But did he know in advance he would tank the test? Probably not.  

If it's part of the application process for a team then you either take or you don't.  The team will weigh your decision of not completing their evaluation process in their decision.  If im applying for a position on a team looking to draft me I will take any test I am asked to take.  If they want me they will take me regardless. 

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Yeah, I caught that when he said it a couple of months ago. Gotta wonder what Denver would have done if they still had that pick and RW contract. 

And honest, the top defenders are nothing special in my book compared to the next tier. 

No joke--I think more of the star potential lies in the Kancey, Nolan Smith, Van Ness, Porter Jr., etc. range, who SEA will be in play for at 20.  SEA is just set up perfectly this draft & Denver looks more idiotic by the day.  

Both SEA & DET are setup to have huge splashes in this draft.  

Edited by Bear Hands

On 3/14/2023 at 1:14 PM, MechaZain said:

I don’t believe it’s between Young and Stroud. I don’t think they’d publicly entertain a trade down if it was. They would just talk to Houston, Arizona, and Indy in private.

They traded up because AR and/or Levis was the target and they feared that all four QBs would be gone by 9. #5 wouldn’t be enough to insure their guy, and per Breer #3 cost as much as #1 because Chi wanted DJ. Now we control our own destiny and there’s no way we miss out on a QB.

Everyone’s going to freak if its AR or Levis because “we could have stayed put at 9” but based on how they’re moving I don’t think the folks on staff agree. Missing out on a top QB was their worst case scenario and this was the only way they could insure that wouldn’t happen. 

toot toot

• Pie 2

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

I said this for weeks lol

Stroud hype was only coming from people on this board.

As I said yesterday if Richardson lands in Seattle we might be in trouble. I think he has the highest ceiling of all the QB's and if he gets with the right coaching staff watch out!

But before you jumped on the BY train you were all sell out for CJ. Opinions change of course and not everyone is sold on BY as the next big, or in his case little, thing. That's why the draft process is so much fun. 

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

But before you jumped on the BY train you were all sell out for CJ. Opinions change of course and not everyone is sold on BY as the next big, or in his case little, thing. That's why the draft process is so much fun. 

Yeah I was on the CJ train at the beginning but as I mentioned a while back that after watching the film I was sold on Bryce Young being the best QB.

I always have said I would be fine with either of Bryce/Stroud/AR.

Not gonna lie im kind of nervous if AR lands in Seattle. His skills are there it will be all about coaching. If he gets coached up he's going to be something scary in this league.

The only guy that has just not been sold to me by his play (or) by his hypers is Levis. I would have been stoked to come out of this with Young, Richardson or Stroud. 

For Will: No matter the arm, upper body mechanics, JA comps, or "potential"--His decision making, general lack of mechanical discipline, & 3 years as Penn State's battering ram just irks me the wrong way.  He's barely a year younger than Hooker and doesn't have the liberty to have so much to work on.  Turns 24 in June, almost 4 years AR's senior. 

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah I was on the CJ train at the beginning but as I mentioned a while back that after watching the film I was sold on Bryce Young being the best QB.

I always have said I would be fine with either of Bryce/Stroud/AR.

Not gonna lie im kind of nervous if AR lands in Seattle. His skills are there it will be all about coaching. If he gets coached up he's going to be something scary in this league.

BY is the most ready now. With the right coaching, I think AR could be down right scary. We have the coaching staff I think. But Dalton is not the QB I want playing an entire season while he learns. 

They could both end up being special. AR has the potential to do more with his feet. If he gets his accuracy and short range passes under control, he's going to be a lethal passer. 

• Pie 1