• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So What Exactly Are We Doing on 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, and Goal Line Situations?

Hoenheim

10 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

You know when you bring in a “power back” on 4th and 1 you are telegraphing quite a bit. Pretty much a handoff to that person or PA fake with a roll out. It’s one of the dumbest things that teams do. If you open your eyes you’ll see that type of thing get stuffed a lot

Yeah, I'd like to believe when you spread it out on 4th and short you keep the defense guessing more.  RPO, quick slant, I'm excited for more options and less of the obvious pounding it up the gut.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

No Foreman, no power back, no Cam auto conversions anymore,  a new skinny 5 10 QB. 

Seems like a problem. Any of you have ideas? 

Not worried about that.  Sanders can get a yard with good OL play.  OL play realistically is most important in getting a yard. And the best QB sneaker in probably NFL history is Tom Brady.  

I still say the biggest issue is we keep suggesting a dink dunk O with no pass catching RB on the roster.  I mean coaches keep saying Sanders can be a 3 down back but they emphasis that because he really isn’t one. Stone hands Hubbard is behind Sanders.  I’d rather get a legit 3rd down receiving back.   Think that remains a big need.   

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Ans how realstic is it he actually makes the team? And what is his name???

Camerun Peoples, he dominated at App State. A true workhorse power back that can make dudes miss in the open field. I think his biggest ? Mark to finding a role in this league is his athleticism/speed. 4.61 at the combine. But we see UDFA RBs make instant impact all the time now, I’ve watched him a ton as I’m an App alum. I think he’s supremely talented and as I said earlier I wouldn’t totally be blown away if he was our #2 guy at some point this season.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Not worried about that.  Sanders can get a yard with good OL play.  OL play realistically is most important in getting a yard. And the best QB sneaker in probably NFL history is Tom Brady.  

I still say the biggest issue is we keep suggesting a dink dunk O with no pass catching RB on the roster.  I mean coaches keep saying Sanders can be a 3 down back but they emphasis that because he really isn’t one. Stone hands Hubbard is behind Sanders.  I’d rather get a legit 3rd down receiving back.   Think that remains a big need.   

Icky and Zavala are 2 road graders, along with Boz. Keep building that OL and there will not be a problem picking up short yardage situations. 

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Icky and Zavala are 2 road graders, along with Boz. Keep building that OL and there will not be a problem picking up short yardage situations. 

I also agree acting like only big RB’s are able to get tough yards is hilarious and really not a thing at all

• Pie 6

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

He caught 50 passes in 2019 as a rookie. That’s why the Panthers signed him instead of Foreman. To Miles Sanders own admission he hasn’t been catching quite that many lately but he says he expects more than the 25-30 passes per season he caught in Philly.

He was interviewed on Panthers.com and talked about pass catching and the style of offense we will run. It’s pretty good. Give it a listen. 

Edited by Beast_3000
  • Pie 1

If this staff actually uses personnel correctly not only did we sin Cam Peoples we also have Spencer Brown who can get us a yard if needed.  The issue with this post is that we have been spoiled in the past by having the QB assume that role as the short yardage back.  So now we assume any qb we get SHOULD be able to get that short yardage/RZ yardage.  

I'm sure tossing BY into a rugby scrum isn't their resolution to the problem.  It's early, let it marinate.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Camerun Peoples, he dominated at App State. A true workhorse power back that can make dudes miss in the open field. I think his biggest ? Mark to finding a role in this league is his athleticism/speed. 4.61 at the combine. But we see UDFA RBs make instant impact all the time now, I’ve watched him a ton as I’m an App alum. I think he’s supremely talented and as I said earlier I wouldn’t totally be blown away if he was our #2 guy at some point this season.

I'm questioning that recorded speed. If you actually  watch him play, he's able to run away from dudes when he gets an open  field.