• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

22 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

DO IT!!!

Imagine being in a situation where you could look at a $375M contract and just decide to be like, "Nah. I'm good. Think I'll just pass."

Damn. Must be nice.

And he'll end up getting even more because they know he can afford to just walk away from it if he wants to.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Imagine being in a situation where you could look at a $375M contract and just decide to be like, "Nah. I'm good. Think I'll just pass."

Damn. Must be nice.

And he'll end up getting even more because they know he can afford to just walk away from it if he wants to.

My guess is 1) He did not want to put in the work and 2) He did not want to have to compete with Greg and 3) He already has a plan for making up that money.

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

My guess is 1) He did not want to put in the work and 2) He did not want to have to compete with Greg and 3) He already has a plan for making up that money.

I think he may realize he just won't be good at it. I mean, he's never came across as particularly personable or engaging. He doesn't strike me as someone who would be a natural at broadcasting and I don't see him doing something if he isn't going to be great at it.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think he may realize he just won't be good at it. I mean, he's never came across as particularly personable or engaging. He doesn't strike me as someone who would be a natural at broadcasting and I don't see him doing something if he isn't going to be great at it.

Yea, this

I don't think anyone heard he signed that deal and said, "I think he'll be good at that"

Was basically the obvious and I'm guessing he realized it and doesn't want to look bad when they fire him after 1 season because of how terrible he was.

• Beer 1

San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Deebo Samuel still seems to be holding a grudge against the Eagles after Philadelphia beat his team in this past season’s NFC championship game. In a recent interview with Zion Olojede of Complex, Samuel expressed his “hatred” for the Eagles, and he went on to explain his belief that if the 49ers would have been healthy, they would’ve won. Samuel was asked about fellow 49ers wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk’s comment about the 49ers being “hands down” the best team in the league last season despite their disappointing loss in Philadelphia. Samuel agreed with Aiyuk’s comment, saying there was “no question” that his teammate was right. So, it sounds as if Samuel also thinks the 49ers are the NFL’s best team.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/article275156806.html#storylink=cpy

Not sure the 9ers have solved the QB thing...Purdy could be out a long time (read somewhere that he got injured because he did not step up in the pocket....inexperience.  He might not be the guy anyway).   Hope Trey Lance surprises everyone in a good way.  Unless they are playing the Panthers of course. 

On 5/5/2023 at 3:35 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Damn. Must be nice.

He probably watched the most recent season of Succession.

During a podcast earlier this week, sports media insider Andrew Marchand of the New York Post put the odds that Tom Brady actually calls NFL games for Fox at just “49%,” ramping up speculation that the legendary quarterback will not start his reported 10-year, $375 million deal in 2024. 

Apparently that is news to Brady himself.

In a response to Sports Illustrated‘s story about Marchand’s prediction posted to Instagram, Brady issued a very clear response: “FakeNews.”

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/05/05/tom-brady-responds-report-he-wont-call-games-for-fox-2024-fake-news

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Would hate it if Greg gets screwed in all of this.  Losing the #1 spot would cost him a few mill.