• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fans Never Learn

1 minute ago, CPantherKing said:

Yep. 3 was his low. He got fired. Just like Rivera did during the season. I'm sure if we favored you and your defense of Reich's worst season while finding reasons to say Rivera would not have had a better season, we could toss in 3 wins for Reich, right? Of course not. You want to be fair and favor Reich. Let's just extrapolate because that wouldn't skew anything, right? Let's be nice an do that giving him 1 more win for 12 games. So, you don't get all teary eyed I'll throw in the 0.125 extra - 4.125 wins on the season for fairness with 12 games played. No way Reich would have led that Colts team to a 4-12-1 season.

All the numbers were accurate and fair because 2 coaches were fired and should be penalized for not completing a season. Not excuses as to someone else being to blame for them losing their jobs for not winning. I still don't see 12 and 15 win seasons on that list for his first 5 seasons. Do we give the other coaches breaks too for the player problems they had and couldn't correct?  No you don't.

That should make you happy. I wouldn't expect you to defend Rivera for me giving him his lowest win total for his fired season. Why would you do that? How about you use some actual stats instead of listing his 5 years with no championships and hoping people see two 10+ win seasons and think the other coaches couldn't do better in their first 5 years in the NFL. Don't do a side by side, because Reich will be behind the other two.

His low wins was from an incomplete season. Good glad you recognize that. Assuming how many he can win and going below his winning average is just you trying to skew your stats. He had one loosing complete season in Indy and that was when Luck randomly retired late in the offseason. Sorry if that hurts your narrative but your narrative is usually wrong. 

According to you

-Icky is a bust

-we should have drafted Glass ( still out if the league )

-we should have hired some USFL coach as our OC

Yeah I’m taking what you post with a grain of salt. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

I think we could compete for an NFC Championship, when you remove QB from the equation. Everything will depend on Bryce Young and how he translates, ultimately. This is the best receiving core we've had since Steve Smith left. Best running back room, best offensive line, and best coaching staff.

If we fail to win the South, it will fall squarely on Teppers shoulders for pushing the wrong QB.

Best running back room?  What?

If we fail to win the South this year its the wrong QB?... because why?...the other rookie QB's must have done better, based on what?

lol

You're funny.

going into a season expecting your team to fail sucks. honestly i don't see why you'd bother with it at all. seems pretty miserable. i know i was that way with rhule and i was about ready to call it quits because life is too short to try and be a fan of a team that you have no faith in at all. seriously i just don't see what the point is in staying a fan.

life's too short to spend emotional energy on being a fan of a team that you thought was just horrible.

i'll tell you this...i'd much rather have my hopes up and have them dashed again than have no hope for the team whatsoever. 

• Beer 3

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

going into a season expecting your team to fail sucks. honestly i don't see why you'd bother with it at all. seems pretty miserable. i know i was that way with rhule and i was about ready to call it quits because life is too short to try and be a fan of a team that you have no faith in at all. seriously i just don't see what the point is in staying a fan.

life's too short to spend emotional energy on being a fan of a team that you thought was just horrible.

i'll tell you this...i'd much rather have my hopes up and have them dashed again than have no hope for the team whatsoever. 

I think you have this weird group of people (someone else mentioned this) that are more concerned with being right or appearing edgy than actually enjoying being a fan. If we are bad they chime in with the “I called it” pointless posts if we are good they pretend like it never happened. Every fan should be excited about the offseason and hope their team does well. That’s part of the fun of being a fan.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Rhule just about did me in too, but I'm still here.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule just about did me in too, but I'm still here.

I get it on both ends of my fandom.  I'm both a Panthers fan and a St. Louis Blues fan.  Other than the Stanley Cup run and win in 2019, both teams are rather renown for letting fans down.

So I get it, and I would describe myself as "cautiously optimistic" entering this year.  That is about my upper limit for expectations from either team. 

Last year I was not cautiously optimistic.  The Process torpedoed that level of optimism with his second year flailing around.  My hope then was simply that he dispelled the thinking that he was a complete NFL buffoon.  Instead, he reinforced it.

This year we have an NFL-level coaching staff, they picked most of the players, they will hopefully adapt their systems to what the players they picked do well or not, etc.  I think the roster is better.  There is cause for optimism, particularly in a gawd awful division. 

But, all that considered, there still are years of past scars and disappointments.  For me roughly 17 years worth as a Panthers fan and 52 of 53 seasons as a Blues fan.  I'd be stupid to walk that tightrope without a net.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Alabama vs. UT = 35-52, 455 yds, 2td

Alabama vs. A&M = did not play 

Alabama vs. LSU = 25-51, 328 yds, 1td 1int in what most consider his worst game.  

Neither Metchie nor Williams played for Alabama in 2022.  Their wide receiver room took a big step back in 2022 where they were forced to start two sophomores and their third leading receiver was Jahmyr Gibbs, who failed to hit the 1,000 mark in rushing.  The drop off in supporting offensive talent for Young in 2022 was huge, but yet he somehow managed to almost get them in the playoffs and only lost to LSU by 1 and UT by 3.  Alabama's oline took a step back too with only one draft pick. They did a poor job pass blocking for Young too.  

Enjoy. You must have missed this game.

Jfc some of you acting like we’re the Lions or the Browns. We’re a t20 team in the league in win % since inception and top half in playoff wins and 2 super bowl appearances. Plenty of room for improvement, but some of you need a serious reality check. If you can’t muster any hope now after drafting our new franchise QB then what’s the point? You gonna go bitch in the Hornets forum too if they land Wembanyama?

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I get it on both ends of my fandom.  I'm both a Panthers fan and a St. Louis Blues fan.  Other than the Stanley Cup run and win in 2019, both teams are rather renown for letting fans down.

So I get it, and I would describe myself as "cautiously optimistic" entering this year.  That is about my upper limit for expectations from either team. 

Last year I was not cautiously optimistic.  The Process torpedoed that level of optimism with his second year flailing around.  My hope then was simply that he dispelled the thinking that he was a complete NFL buffoon.  Instead, he reinforced it.

This year we have an NFL-level coaching staff, they picked most of the players, they will hopefully adapt their systems to what the players they picked do well or not, etc.  I think the roster is better.  There is cause for optimism, particularly in a gawd awful division. 

But, all that considered, there still are years of past scars and disappointments.  For me roughly 17 years worth as a Panthers fan and 52 of 53 seasons as a Blues fan.  I'd be stupid to walk that tightrope without a net.

This guy gets it.