• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another one falls into the trap that is Sam Darnold

NAS

Everyone thinks they can fix Darnold.  He does throw a nice ball, but unfortunately often to the other team or over the head of the receiver.  

This is like when some women fall in love with bad boys thinking they'll be the ones to reclaim them and make them husband material again.  Darnold is who he is.  He has limited processing ability (probably scored an 18 on the S2 test), no composure under pressure, can't throw receiver open to save his life.

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 6

2 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

If anyone can is Shannahan. 

And to be honest, I hope he does. I liked Sam. He had to play with 2 shitty teams. 

I'm not rooting against him I'm just not buying it.  He won't have more success than Purdy or Garoppolo because he just doesn't have it mentally. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

If anyone can is Shannahan. 

And to be honest, I hope he does. I liked Sam. He had to play with 2 shitty teams. 

I don’t have high hopes on the Sam Darnold  reclamation project but hope to be pleasantly surprised. Seems like a good dude and a good teammate. I just think his ceiling is competent backup. And to echo your thoughts, yes he is in as good of a situation that he can be in.  

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Steve Wilks had Sam Darnold looking like a legit starting QB and we didn't have the 49ers roster.

People are crazy if they think Darnold won't succeed with the 49ers. Going to go out on a limb and say he will be the QB the entire season. Every QB they plug in that system succeeds because of the talent around them.

How can you fail surrounded by CMC/Kittle/Deebo/Trent Williams?

Will he succeed in SF?  I say it's very likely.  Did he look like a legit starter here?  No.  Watch the Steelers game.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Steve Wilks had Sam Darnold looking like a legit starting QB and we didn't have the 49ers roster.

People are crazy if they think Darnold won't succeed with the 49ers. Going to go out on a limb and say he will be the QB the entire season. Every QB they plug in that system succeeds because of the talent around them.

How can you fail surrounded by CMC/Kittle/Deebo/Trent Williams?

No, he played like a legitimate backup and put up backup like numbers.  He can't be relied on to carry the team but surrounded by all the talent, he'll have a decent season.  I just don't think it's good enough for the 49ers, they want to be a SuperBowl contender and Darnold can't be counted on for that.

• Pie 2