• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dang.. I guess we made a huge mistake?

TheCasillas

15 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

He lost his job to PJ and Sam under Wilks who is a capable coach. It was already leaked the Bucs are still looking at QBs so Baker might not even be the starter.

You make a good point , but I just think we should see how he plays, especially against us before we call him the worst QB in the league 

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I will bump this after he sweeps us, like most ex Panthers do , and he wasn't gun shy when he led the Rams to a last minute td 2 days from signing with them 

Nobody should judge a players abilities while they were under Matt Fool and Macadoodo, they could make Mahommes and Brady look bad , Darnold even looked like a different QB when Wilks was calling the shots 

I am not saying we shouldn't have let him go, I am saying Panther fans shouldn't be so cocky , when our QB is going to need help to stay alive, and there are 2 playoff QBs in the division,and for all we know Brady will not do so good in the broadcast booth, and unretire and sign with the Falcons 

Lol ok dude. 

10 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

You make a good point , but I just think we should see how he plays, especially against us before we call him the worst QB in the league 

For the past few season Baker Mayfield has, objectively and statistically, been one of the bottom 5 or so starting QBs in the league. And that’s not to say he’s not talented, see the one Rams drive you referenced earlier, however overall he’s been complete ass, and I don’t expect that to improve much in Tampa. Our D will eat him alive. 

27 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

He isn’t the worst in the league but we shouldn’t be as concerned about him as we would any other below average starter.

20 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Yeah, because Rhule and Macadoo had nothing to do with it , they are elite coaches right , it must have been all on Baker 

This fanbase can have some pretty blind and selective judgment sometimes

Seems McAdoo did pretty well with Darnold so he wasn't the problem.  Rhule on the other hand- yeah he was inadequate at best.

• Pie 2

20 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

I call bullshit! If that was the truth, why only a one-year contract?

It’s funny how mad we can get at a slight to a player. I read it as he felt like Baker was a better prospect coming out of college. Mayfield did go #1. He also said that Baker had a tough situation the last couple years. That’s it.

I see nowhere in there that Arians would take 2023 Baker over any of the top QBs in the 2023 draft. That hyperbole is all headline attention clickbait by the author. I also love how the weak author makes the title a question so he can’t be wrong but can get more clicks which of course we all gave him.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

It’s funny how mad we can get at a slight to a player. I read it as he felt like Baker was a better prospect coming out of college. Mayfield did go #1. He also said that Baker had a tough situation the last couple years. That’s it.

I see nowhere in there that Arians would take 2023 Baker over any of the top QBs in the 2023 draft. That hyperbole is all headline attention clickbait by the author. I also love how the weak author makes the title a question so he can’t be wrong but can get more clicks which of course we all gave him.

Actually he said he had Baker rated higher than any of the 2023 prospects so it isn't a leap to assume that if Baker was coming out this year that Ariens would have picked him. And Baker has experience good or bad. So yeah Ariens thinks he has a better deal. And until Young shows his ability it isn't just hyperbole. Personally I think Mayfield isn't a good quarterback who can be effective in the right scheme as long as he has a lot of talent. Not something he has in Tampa.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Actually he said he had Baker rated higher than any of the 2023 prospects so it isn't a leap to assume that if Baker was coming out this year that Ariens would have picked him. And Baker has experience good or bad. So yeah Ariens thinks he has a better deal. And until Young shows his ability it isn't just hyperbole. Personally I think Mayfield isn't a good quarterback who can be effective in the right scheme as long as he has a lot of talent. Not something he has in Tampa.

Again, reality. Arians didn’t say that. It was only in the title. Baker wasn’t available in the 2023 draft so why leap at any assumption that’s a fantasy.

Arians said as a prospect he had Baker ranked higher. There were people in here that wanted Richardson over Young. Doesn’t mean if someone signs Cam and says I had Cam as a better prospect than Young that I’d rather have 2023 Cam than Young this year.

I don’t think Mayfield is any good either, but I’m not going to take what Arians actually said in the article and leap to the author’s question that Arians would rather have 2023 Mayfield than pick #1 to take any QB.

Edited by WhoKnows
  • Pie 1

26 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Again, reality. Arians didn’t say that. It was only in the title. Baker wasn’t available in the 2023 draft so why leap at any assumption that’s a fantasy.

Arians said as a prospect he had Baker ranked higher. There were people in here that wanted Richardson over Young. Doesn’t mean if someone signs Cam and says I had Cam as a better prospect than Young that I’d rather have 2023 Cam than Young this year.

I don’t think Mayfield is any good either, but I’m not going to take what Arians actually said in the article and leap to the author’s question that Arians would rather have 2023 Mayfield than pick #1 to take any QB.

The article quoting him saying that. Reading comprehension isn't your friend. He would pick Baker over those three and he thinks he has a better deal. Since clearly you don't see what seems obvious to me, I won't go back and forth over a player I didn't like and he isn't a Panther anymore. I don't care what he does unless he plays against us and I hope he sucks that game. Done with this discussion.

Baker was a big disappointment. I didn't think that he was all that and a bag of chips when he came here, I didn't think it when he left, and I certainly don't believe it now. He most certainly doesn't have the processing speed, the touch, the decision-making, or the mobility of Bryce.