• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Study: Ikem Ekwonu

jayboogieman

I thought he was very good last year.  ESPECIALLY for a rookie.  Hes already one of the top 5 LTs weve had in franchise history, and I feel that hes just barely scratching the surface of what he can be.  We're lucky to have such a good o-line coach in Campen who can really coach this guy up and turn him into the monster hes waiting to be.

• Pie 6

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I'm still playing wait and see before crowning him, but can't really fault your statement. And that's just sad because of how little the Panthers have put into the position.

OL isn't quite the wasteland that safety is when it comes to historical perfomrance, but it's not far off. Really kind of astounding how few consistent standouts there have been in nearly 30 years and even fewer that Carolina actually drafted themselves.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I'm still playing wait and see before crowning him, but can't really fault your statement. And that's just sad because of how little the Panthers have put into the position.

Yeah, exactly lol

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

Not a bad 8:28 minute video. Some may find the guy's voice a bit grating though.

Voice was bad and it was fine but it would have been nice to see some progression. It was all from the early SF game and he mentions how he got better, so show some plays near the end of the year where he cleaned up some mistakes.

• Pie 1

this guy's videos have gotten quite sloppy over the years. this one is pretty surface-level. can't be an expert in every NFL position, I guess. and yes, his voice is annoying. not the end of the world, but combined with getting simple details wrong (Ekwonu was not the 2nd tackle taken last year in the draft, for one), it's just not particularly interesting content.

• Pie 1

Here’s a better breakdown of Ickey if you guys can’t stand the other dudes voice. Way more detailed too imo: 

I’m excited to see Ickey’s continued development this year, mainly in pass pro. He got a lot better towards the end of the season but I’d still like to see him cut down on penalties this year, he does that and we’re cooking. 

Edited by BlackPanther22
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Here’s a better breakdown of Ickey if you guys can’t stand the other dudes voice. Way more detailed too imo: 

I’m excited to see Ickey’s continued development this year, mainly in pass pro. He got a lot better towards the end of the season but I’d still like to see him cut down on penalties this year, he does that and we’re cooking. 

This was a better IMO as well. This guy (Skinner) sounds like he knows a lot about o-line play. Something I went noticed in both videos is that Christiansen is a damned solid LG. I know some on here aren't that high on him (maybe because of those 11 penalties), but on these snaps, he played lights out!