• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

I’m fine with the mindset of just drafting Scoot and fielding all offers the rest of the draft/week/etc.  

Scoot’s demand league-wide is CLEARLY greater than Miller’s even if you ignore the gun thing and if we don’t see the “fit” with Scoot.  

You can move Scoot before the season starts if the offers are there.  He simply has more value right now.  This franchise needs TONS of VALUE out of this pick, not just a shooter.

Draft Scoot and figure the rest out later.

We don’t have to choose trade partners on draft day.  We have all off-season.  If I’m the front office I’m dreaming Franchise-Altering moves.

For example…we draft Scoot at #2 and the Blazers are thoroughly screwed.  Dame isn’t happy with them drafting Miller, declares he wants out next week.

All of a sudden, we have a TON of assets we can throw at them in a (perhaps 3-team?) trade.  Miles could be made available, Scoot, we still have that other 1st rounder, we have expiring contracts that are very appealing (Hayward and Oubre) and , we have attractive trade pieces in Terry and PJ.

Take Scoot and see what deals you can work this off-season.  No brainer.  The NBA would be immediately altered and this whole roster could be reinvented by simply drafting and dealing Scoot.  Just go in with that mindset please Mr. Jordan.

Edited by HardcoreHokie

3 minutes ago, App Panther said:

It's bouncing around because of Woj tweets.

If Shams tweets it's still Scoot it will flip back. Vegas is simply reading the tea leaves. They have no inside source. 

We finally agree on something!

Im trying to figure out why everyone goes to Vegas for stuff like this. Vegas has no sources lol

1 hour ago, App Panther said:

Back to Miller in Vegas. Still think Hornets are playing games and showing indecisiveness seeing if Blazers will offer #3 and future picks. It's not going to happen though. 

If the Blazers are forced to draft Miller at #3, Dame Liliard literally starts packing his bags tonight.

10 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

Like others have said you have to take Scoot. I hope they keep him but if not he has a higher trade value. Drafting Miller is a bunt when this franchise needs a grand slam. 

The whole NBA wants the #3 pick right now to get Scoot.  We have the #2 pick and are turning down Zion Williams and a 1st?  To draft Brandon Miller?  I mean I like the kid but come on front office.  Draft the value not the fit on a losing team.