• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

1 hour ago, Cam Lawter said:

Why is there even a lottery in the first place for the NBA? Why not just let the worst team in the NBA get the first pick. Almost seems like there is a lottery so they can manipulate it.

It's so teams don't intentionally try to be bad. But usually it ends up making multiple teams try to be bad.  Same deal with the play in crap.  They want teams 9-12 to try to win as late in the season as possible. Case in point the spurs roster is absolute dog poo this year by design. They might have tried to form a competitive roster if only the very worst team had a shot at number 1

Edited by toldozer

2 hours ago, Cam Lawter said:

Why is there even a lottery in the first place for the NBA? Why not just let the worst team in the NBA get the first pick. Almost seems like there is a lottery so they can manipulate it.

Because that would make the bottom teams tank and that's bad for business. You can't have bad basketball and expect fans to watch your product.

The system is fine, they just need to show the actually lottery on Nat'l tv. Have them pick the balls however the process goes.

So far the rumors have us favoring Miller over Scoot based on the rumors from the combine.

I always said once we work these guys out in Charlotte is when we can start taking these rumors more seriously. I seriously think whoever has a better workout with us will be the guy we pick. 

• Pie 2

21 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

Now this pops up and I think this has to do why MJ hasn't sold yet too. I know he was waiting on Wem but I think now they are fielding calls to see who they could possibly get in the trade market. I've seen Chicago has  worked out both Scoot n Miller. I have no idea what we will do but we will not draft 5 guys obviously  and do we go after Lavine n Derozan... Klay n Kuminga.... Jaylon Brown and Brogdan.... 

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/05/southeast-notes-winger-hornets-hawks-coaches-bitadze.html

We are not trading the number 2 for a vet player. 

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So far the rumors have us favoring Miller over Scoot based on the rumors from the combine.

I always said once we work these guys out in Charlotte is when we can start taking these rumors more seriously. I seriously think whoever has a better workout with us will be the guy we pick. 

That's what they say Mitch is hung up on but I wish we'd stick with gametape. I know a few guys that could kill a workout but couldn't play good team ball.  If Miller  is healthy (lost 15 pounds due to Mono) then him and Scoot will both have great workouts probably  but the 3 ball will be Miller's calling card. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

That's what they say Mitch is hung up on but I wish we'd stick with gametape. I know a few guys that could kill a workout but couldn't play good team ball.  If Miller  is healthy (lost 15 pounds due to Mono) then him and Scoot will both have great workouts probably  but the 3 ball will be Miller's calling card. 

Going to be interesting to see who they like more. I also wouldn't be surprised if Melo is there to workout with both of them. At the end of the day one of these guys will be his future sidekick.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Just like we wouldn’t trade a lottery pick for the last pick in the 1st rd and 4 second round picks. Who could be that stupid….

this trade still makes me so upset, it didn't make sense at the time. Just take a swing on a player Mitch

• Pie 1