• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

13 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Just like we wouldn’t trade a lottery pick for the last pick in the 1st rd and 4 second round picks. Who could be that stupid….

Okay...If you really think they are gonna trade the NUMBER 2 pick NOT a late lottery pick and miss out on a potential franchise caliber player then bet your money or your house on it then. Yes, the hornets do dumb poo but not this dumb especially by mitch. The over exaggeration is just ridiculously goofy sometimes. 

15 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

I hope not but can you seriously  say that with MJ involved? No way you could say that with how the hornets have been ran. 

When you have A young team and you get a top 2 pick in a draft with more than one franchise player how many times have you seen a trade for a older vet? I will wait...mj is not calling shots like that with draft picks. Its mitch, we arent talking about trading a late lottery pick here, so yes i will stand behind that. 

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

When you have A young team and you get a top 2 pick in a draft with more than one franchise player how many times have you seen a trade for a older vet? I will wait...mj is not calling shots like that with draft picks. Its mitch, we arent talking about trading a late lottery pick here, so yes i will stand behind that. 

Well this situation  is different... we are the hornets and MJ has overruled gms before.  They got national insiders who have mentioned we are exploring who we could get for the 2nd pick. Mitch has stated he doesn't see any big moves way back... so who/what is the reasoning?? It's MJ trying to see what he could get before he makes up his mind on selling his portion of the team away. There is no way around it. I'm not saying they will trade  the pick but MJ is a gambler and if he in his mind think he could get a win now trade... he is going to override Mitch and do just that!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Okay...If you really think they are gonna trade the NUMBER 2 pick NOT a late lottery pick and miss out on a potential franchise caliber player then bet your money or your house on it then. Yes, the hornets do dumb poo but not this dumb especially by mitch. The over exaggeration is just ridiculously goofy sometimes. 

You don’t know the difference between somebody saying “x is definitely happening” and “I wouldn’t put it past them” huh? It’s not over exaggeration to say incompetent organizations do incompetent things. Like trading back 17 spots in the first round for the dumbest reason imagineable and only getting 4 second round picks in return. Or re-hiring the coach you just fired a couple years earlier out of desperation and then sticking with him after getting the 4th worst record in the NBA only because the bottom 3 teams were actually trying to lose. Get bent out of shape about people saying they wouldn’t be shocked based on the teams history of boneheaded move though. Lol “bet your house” what a dumb thing to say.

• Pie 3

13 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If we draft Scoot we need to hire Dantoni as HC.

Scoot/Melo are at their best running and gunning. That won't happen with Clifford as coach.

It will pretty much drive me crazy when Clifford doesn’t play either Miller or Scoot right away.  Man is hard headed

• Pie 2

This is indeed starting to remind me of Bryce/Stroud being the majority of us like Scoot, but the draft guys has us taking Miller.

Im seeing a lot of mock drafts have us taking Miller at 2. I think they see his true potential as a 6'9 who can shoot. Scoot is a athletic guard with a questionable jumpshot.

• Pie 3

The Hornets by landing the No. 2 overall pick in Tuesday's draft lottery, put them in position to potentially draft G League Ignite guard Scoot Henderson.

Wembanyama, Henderson and Alabama forward Brandon Miller are considered locks to go 1-2-3 in some order.

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

Love Millers shooting and his position as a complement to Ball, but Scoot seems to have that something special about him. We can’t really go wrong between the two.

What exactly makes Scoot special?

Im watching his film and I honestly think he and Miller are on the same level. Scoot jumpshot is not there yet. If athleticism is what makes him special then I would be concerned. This the NBA most of the guys are athletic. This a shot making league. Athleticism can only get you so far.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What exactly makes Scoot special?

Im watching his film and I honestly think he and Miller are on the same level. Scoot jumpshot is not there yet. If athleticism is what makes him special then I would be concerned. This the NBA most of the guys are athletic. This a shot making league. Athleticism can only get you so far.

My impression of him is that he will lead and elevate the people around him, and that makes him special. Just a feeling, no stats to back it up.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Martin said:

My impression of him is that he will lead and elevate the people around him, and that makes him special. Just a feeling, no stats to back it up.

Yeah I have no problem if he is the pick. Im just trying to figure out why some are trying to put Scoot on another level. To me they both will be stars, I just see a lot more we could do with Miller as a scorer.

I'm having a hard time shaking the feeling that Scoot and Lemelo could be a crazy special back court. Miller is giving me a bit of a kevin knox comparison.  I thought he was going to be really good but he hasn't done much in the league. Miller seems to be the better fit but Scoot and Melo could make us contenders.

• Pie 2