• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bear's side of getting Moore

7 hours ago, Varking said:

Y’all some haters lol. DJ for his age has like the third most receiving yards all time and he’s done it with absolute trash throwing in the ball and idiot coaches. 

He also has an almost identical stat line over his fist 80 NFL games as Mushin Muhammed. You know, the definition of a #2 receiver.

If you make it first 73 starts, Moose actually has a couple hundred yards on DJ. And, Moose did it with garbage throwing it to him in an era when illegal contact and DPI basically didn't exist.

Moore is much closer to Adam Theilen than to Justin Jefferson. If people stopped trying to make him out as some generational talent, he wouldn't get near as much criticism.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, shaq said:

Had a down year for sure in terms of YAC last season but from his rookie year 2018 on his YAC rankings placed him(12th,8th,16th,#12th) respectively. Ironically he has placed elite among receivers in YAC, probably his best trait. Probably need to throw on some more game tape before you say something as illogical as that.

F2746671-DA8E-4D08-B27E-1B05AD9F9097.png

E75EA026-4A1B-45E6-A7B2-0BDE0F11C87B.png

C8E7A0A6-D8C5-4F35-9934-5699024727A8.png

E14EACB0-C200-4443-9E06-B805F23DD3BF.png

1FD41679-1640-48EB-8C49-82F01E9E8D75.png

Bottom line is this - CMC gets doubted for his 1k/1k because defenses played soft playing vs. a shitty team (ala Panthers) yet Moore is an annual ‘1k yard’ receiver? Heh, to the outside world.

Anyone who watches games knows that these yards come from when we are down multiple scores, period. Ergo we know that in the red zone, Moore is worthless.

So, that’s not a #1. It just isn’t. He can’t score or get open because no one is playing him soft. Again he isn’t completely useless by any means but if any Bears fans think he will be a difference maker, they’re sorely mistaken.

And if any Panther fan thinks differently they’re casual and/or haven’t been paying attention.

I expect Moore to get around 800 yards and 5 TDs this season.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Bottom line is this - CMC gets doubted for his 1k/1k because defenses played soft playing vs. a shitty team (ala Panthers) yet Moore is an annual ‘1k yard’ receiver? Heh, to the outside world.

Anyone who watches games knows that these yards come from when we are down multiple scores, period. Ergo we know that in the red zone, Moore is worthless.

So, that’s not a #1. It just isn’t. He can’t score or get open because no one is playing him soft. Again he isn’t completely useless by any means but if any Bears fans think he will be a difference maker, they’re sorely mistaken.

And if any Panther fan thinks differently they’re casual and/or haven’t been paying attention.

If the Bears are playing down, which they will be, Moore will cross 1k.

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Who doubts CMC’s 2k season? I respect people voicing their opinion but acting like your opinions are facts are two totally different stories. Back up your claims with statistics or facts or else what you say is totally irrelevant and should not be taken with a grain of salt. Not sure if Dj Moore plowed your wife or something damn wtf did this dude do to you? I’ll take you up on that, I bet you that Dj Moore exceeds your lowly expectations for next season. Loser has to change their profile picture to the liking of the winner, you in?

Edited by shaq
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, Stumpy said:

He also has an almost identical stat line over his fist 80 NFL games as Mushin Muhammed. You know, the definition of a #2 receiver.

If you make it first 73 starts, Moose actually has a couple hundred yards on DJ. And, Moose did it with garbage throwing it to him in an era when illegal contact and DPI basically didn't exist.

Moore is much closer to Adam Theilen than to Justin Jefferson. If people stopped trying to make him out as some generational talent, he wouldn't get near as much criticism.

Where has anybody here compared Moore to Justin Jefferson? And again, Jefferson and Theilen have had significant upgrades at QB over what DJ Moore has. Kirk gets a lot of hate but he’s put up numbers for years. I’m certain DJ would look significantly better with Kirk throwing him the ball. 

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, shaq said:

Who doubts CMC’s 2k season? I respect people voicing their opinion but acting like your opinions are facts are two totally different stories. Back up your claims with statistics or facts or else what you say is totally irrelevant and should not be taken with a grain of salt. Not sure if Dj Moore plowed your wife or something damn wtf did this dude do to you? I’ll take you up on that, I bet you that Dj Moore exceeds your lowly expectations for next season. Loser has to change their profile picture to the liking of the winner, you in?

It’s like people forget about prime examples of Teddy B locked onto some other WR while the forum screams how open DJ Moore is on the same play. Over and over. His stats should have been ever better here. But Carolina has spent too long with defensive minded head coaches to maximize our offensive talent. 

Rivera did nothing but let Cam be Superman which worked out just a few seasons out of 9 while he was here. I don’t know where folks ever got the idea that Rhule was an offensive minded head coach. In college his defense lead by Phil Snow was always ranked much much higher than his offense. I think in 7 years of college ball Rhule has a top 50 offense like 1 time in 7 years but had a top 50 defense like 6 times in 7 years. 

And again, people here point out where Burns ranks vs others his same age in sacks but ignore where DJ is in yards. Is DJ part of the problem he doesn’t score TDs? Sure. But PJ Walker, The Ghost of Cam Newton, Taylor H, Kyle A, Teddy B, Sam D and a beat up Baker Mayfield also isn’t a group that scores a lot of touchdowns. 

We will have a much better idea of what DJ Moore is with Luke Getsy calling plays in Chicago with Justin Fields. And for those who want to sling poo at Justin as a passer, he was basically just playing his real rookie year under competent coaching and threw for 17 TDS and a 60% completion mark with no weapons at WR. Both of those totals are better than what we did as a team last year and we had a better offensive group than Chicago. Kyle Allen in 2019 was the last Panther to throw for more than 15 TDS in a season. And we’ve had CMC you can dump off passes to. 

Again, for his age, in the NFL, DJ has been one of the most prolific WRs in NFL history and it’s lost on folks here and he’s still coming into his prime. 

• Beer 3

On 5/19/2023 at 6:34 PM, WUnderhill said:

Didn’t hate him as a receiver, but didn’t love him either. Yeah he had shitty QBs and coaches, but history is rife with great receivers producing with mediocre to bad QBs. He’s a good receiver, not irreplaceable.

He produced with probably the worst qb/coaching combo in our history.  We had to make the trade but replacing him long term won't be that easy.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, shaq said:

Yeah, DJ is one of the top WR in the league. Is he elite? Damm close. And with a true and actual QB we would probably say yes. Well, everywhere but around here anywho.

Nobody can dis on a Panther player better than a Panther fan. And this thread is proof.

There are more than a few Huddlers who think everything they say is gold. And, unfortunately, most are negative and angry. Nothing you can do but take their takes with a grin and enjoy them.

Football is supposed to be entertaining. And this should be the most entertaining part of the off-season. Everybody giddy for the season to start and ready to see some actual action. 

This team is really close to being competitive. The future looks brighter than it has in a long bit. New well respected staff. And the #1QB in the draft. How can you not be excited?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

He produced with probably the worst qb/coaching combo in our history.  We had to make the trade but replacing him long term won't be that easy.  

But DJ is not perfect. And for some fans, that is a death keel. 

We have 3 young WR that we need to see. All 3 have the talent to make us forget DJ. Will it happen? Fingers Crossed.

• Pie 2

The DJ Moore hate makes me laugh. I definitely like the chances for TMJ and Mingo taking the next step and being good for us. But I also would not be surprised if Moore is quite successful with his new team and has a nice career considering he's only 25. I also am taking note of the fact some of the same folks hating on Moore are avid McCaffrey homers still. I see ya'll.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, frankw said:

The DJ Moore hate makes me laugh. I definitely like the chances for TMJ and Mingo taking the next step and being good for us. But I also would not be surprised if Moore is quite successful with his new team and has a nice career considering he's only 25. I also am taking note of the fact some of the same folks hating on Moore are avid McCaffrey homers still. I see ya'll.

Cmc is a douche who can't even thank us for over drafting and over paying him.

Doesnt change the fact that Moores stats will look like 800-1000 yards with 5tds

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Cmc is a douche who can't even thank us for over drafting and over paying him.

Doesnt change the fact that Moores stats will look like 800-1000 yards with 5tds

That’s a lot of give or take yards. Be bold in your prediction. Is it 800, 900 or 1k? 

• Beer 1