• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young gets majority of first-team reps in first OTA practice

NAS

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

I didn’t want to joke because of all the uptight people in here but I chuckled when he wasn’t in the picture. I’ll add in a picture someone sent me after I poked him about his Celtics.

IMG_7718.thumb.jpeg.6e0c42ae3fffe58adf8aa03f13dc642e.jpeg

Save this pic. You'll need it for when he's all-pro.

42 minutes ago, NAS said:

I think they will eventually.    I never noticed them with Kyler Murray and he's the same height 😉

Fingers Crossed. Although, I do believe if we become a more consistent winner, which seems likely, (Fingers Crossed) the jokes will be more playful anywho.

6 hours ago, NAS said:

Veteran Andy Dalton got the first reps with the first-team offense in Monday’s OTA practice. Rookie Bryce Young ended up getting more of them.

Via Joseph Person of TheAthletic.com, the first overall pick in the draft got the majority of the snaps with the first-team offense during his first full-squad offseason practice.

It’s not unexpected. Coach Frank Reich recently said Young would end up getting more of the snaps with the first-team offense.

The situation points to Young likely being the Week One starter. At some point, the goal will be to get him ready. Which means that, at some point, he’ll need to get all of the first-team reps.

It’s a tough balance for a team. One one hand, the player must be prepared. On the other hand, other players might think the rookie is being given things he has not earned.

The reality is that Young earned the starting job when the Panthers made him the first overall pick in the draft. The job now becomes getting him ready to do that which the Panthers believe he can do; otherwise, they wouldn’t have picked him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/22/bryce-young-gets-majority-of-first-team-reps-in-first-ota-practice/

He didn't "earn" the starting job by being the number one pick. He has been given the job. Now he has to earn it or, as Tepper has shown, he will move on by 2024.

5 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Yeah, everyone knows he is going to play 100% of the snaps this year. No use wasting reps on QBs that will never see the field. lol

It was the first day of OTA's, there isn't a single QB in the league who is taking 100% of the first team reps in OTA's, or even in training camp, you have to get the backup reps with the first team in camp since they won't get any during the regular season unless the starter needs a day off in practice to rest an injury.

He took the majority of the snaps with the first team, he's literally only the QB2 in name and first snap of practice only right now, besides that he's already the QB1 and even Dalton admits as such.

The real question isn't if he'll start week 1 or even when he'll be officially given the QB1 label, it's whether or not the team will vote him as a Captain in his rookie year.  Normally I'd say that is 50/50, but seeing as we replaced our entire offensive lineup outside of the OL, I think he has a great chance at getting voted by the team.  

I think on offense, Moton is the only player locked in as a Captain, after that, Young is probably the only player that makes complete sense to be in the running, who else would be?  Bozeman, Ickey, and Thielen maybe?  

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

No thanks Brees only had 1 SB. And im never going to want a Panther to be like a Saint.

I mean, yeah, who in their right mind wants Bryce to turn into Bees, and become a HOFer with a SB win? That's just crazy talk there. I tell ya what.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

20 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

It was the first day of OTA's, there isn't a single QB in the league who is taking 100% of the first team reps in OTA's, or even in training camp, you have to get the backup reps with the first team in camp since they won't get any during the regular season unless the starter needs a day off in practice to rest an injury.

He took the majority of the snaps with the first team, he's literally only the QB2 in name and first snap of practice only right now, besides that he's already the QB1 and even Dalton admits as such.

The real question isn't if he'll start week 1 or even when he'll be officially given the QB1 label, it's whether or not the team will vote him as a Captain in his rookie year.  Normally I'd say that is 50/50, but seeing as we replaced our entire offensive lineup outside of the OL, I think he has a great chance at getting voted by the team.  

I think on offense, Moton is the only player locked in as a Captain, after that, Young is probably the only player that makes complete sense to be in the running, who else would be?  Bozeman, Ickey, and Thielen maybe?  

Firstly, what you quoted was a response to WUnerland who wrote "Oh just give him all the snaps jfc."

Secondly, I agree with your thinking. It is going to be interesting to see if after TC Bryce is selected as a Captain? That is something I hadn't thought about.

Edit to add; I don't think Cam was selected as a Captain his first year. So just adds more intrigue to this years Captains calls.

I think Dalton got first reps to show the rooks how to go about leading your team. Getting them into and out of the Huddle. All those little things a good Vet QB can do.

Edited by Gerry Green

4 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

I didn’t want to joke because of all the uptight people in here but I chuckled when he wasn’t in the picture. I’ll add in a picture someone sent me after I poked him about his Celtics.

IMG_7718.thumb.jpeg.6e0c42ae3fffe58adf8aa03f13dc642e.jpeg

Goddammit. Fug you.

This actually made me laugh out loud.

• Beer 2