• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predict Team Captains!!! Will Bryce be one his rookie year?

DennisM1

Predict Team Captions!!! Will Bryce be one his rookie year?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bryce be one his rookie year?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

i changed the title.

took me a minute, though.

it wouldn't surprise me if he is or isn't. i honestly have no idea. i mean cam wasn't voted one for a couple years, iirc.

Thank you for changing it for me! I feel like with that Cam team there was already so much leadership this team is a blank canvas and has a void that needs to be filled I think Bryce has done that 

• Pie 2

Last year's Captains were Christian McCaffrey, Baker Mayfield, Taylor Moton, Shaq Thompson, Jeremy Chinn, Brian Burns, Donte Jackson and J.J. Jansen

I would think those returning keep their Cs. McCaffrey and Mayfield are the only ones gone and I would bet $ on them being replaced by Young and Thielen.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, DennisM1 said:

Thank you for changing it for me! I feel like with that Cam team there was already so much leadership this team is a blank canvas and has a void that needs to be filled I think Bryce has done that 

Agreed. Can't use Cam as a precedent because he walked into a much more established situation.

Much younger team overall and Young is a very different style of leadership than Cam. Both very good, but very different.

Cam was the guy you looked at on the field for inspiration and made you feel you could do anything, but outside of ganes he was a kid having fun and that fun was infectious. Everything about him was infectious. He was the guy you wanted getting you hyped up on game day and the guy you wanted leading you out of the tunnel.

Young is the guy that sets the tone in practice. You know he's the guy who comes in absolutely prepared and you look to him because he knows what is going on and you know he's going on to use that knowledge to help you get hwe you need to be and together you're going to make big things happen.

Seriously it wouldn't surprise me to see him made captain, but if he isn't, its a matter of him paying his dues.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I cannot see Bryce being voted a team captain without actually playing his first NFL game.  He will earn it, not be handed it, if he's voted captain

I think it's possible.

He's the kind of guy I could see the players following.

• Pie 2

42 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I would prefer he not be made a captain his first year. If things go as hoped, he will be one the remainder of his career. 

I'll admit I'm biased I want to see another Panther with that gold C it just looks so damn good

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think it's possible.

He's the kind of guy I could see the players following.

Agreed. This is what Cam talked about regarding Young. Cam basically said the moment Young steps in the rest are going to step in right behind him. He's got that kind of presence and personality that people just gravitate abd listen to. It's lowkey, but it's definitely there and effective.

I know a few are saying that they hope he doesn't get the C until he's got a year or so under his belt, but if this is the guy that the players say they want as captain, who are we to say otherwise?

It's going to be interesting to see how it shakes out.

6 hours ago, t96 said:

Last year's Captains were Christian McCaffrey, Baker Mayfield, Taylor Moton, Shaq Thompson, Jeremy Chinn, Brian Burns, Donte Jackson and J.J. Jansen

I would think those returning keep their Cs. McCaffrey and Mayfield are the only ones gone and I would bet $ on them being replaced by Young and Thielen.

Was thinking Thielen as well, vet respect. Cam wasn't captain his first year right? I guess teams also didn't have 8 captains back then, 8 seems to kinda devalue the patch to me

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

Agreed. This is what Cam talked about regarding Young. Cam basically said the moment Young steps in the rest are going to step in right behind him. He's got that kind of presence and personality that people just gravitate abd listen to. It's lowkey, but it's definitely there and effective.

I am exaggerating for clarity but BY strikes me as an “old soul” type of person with a modern day Ward Clever (some of you may have to consult the Google for that reference) vibe. Point is, maybe not day one, but I could see guys going to him about football and non football stuff cause he seems like such a level headed and thoughtful dude. 

If they vote him to be a captain it’s because they have taken to him quickly.  Not going to freak out if it doesn’t happen but would not be surprised if it happens sooner than later.