• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers-Charlotte current stadium agreement ends.

ladypanther

Pretty sure Charlotte is like the 9th largest city in the US. Could be wrong, i didn't look it up.  I know I've heard that before though. Also, Atlanta is relatively small. The difference is all of the cities/towns/areas surrounding Atlanta are also close to Atlanta's size and much bigger than the places surrounding Charlotte. This makes it way more crowded and seem like a larger city. 

29 minutes ago, BrewerHouseBeer said:

Pretty sure Charlotte is like the 9th largest city in the US. Could be wrong, i didn't look it up.  I know I've heard that before though. Also, Atlanta is relatively small. The difference is all of the cities/towns/areas surrounding Atlanta are also close to Atlanta's size and much bigger than the places surrounding Charlotte. This makes it way more crowded and seem like a larger city. 

image.thumb.png.29de8ed117f0b838dad8948822242a11.png

image.thumb.png.3b90f1f1316a31a9a82563c845337d7e.png

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities

Edited by ladypanther

Y'all are crazy with this Charlotte is bigger than Atl nonsense and using actual "within city limit" metrics is fuging stupid. The Atlanta Metro area is almost 3 times larger than Charlotte's.

Atl Metro ~7 million people

Cha Metro ~2.6 million

Edited by Floppin
  • Pie 5

The Panthers fanbase comes from two entire states. The NFL views the Falcons fanbase as the Atlanta metro area, which as Floppin typed, dwarfs the Charlotte metro area. So yes, the actual city proper of Charlotte is bigger than the city proper of Atlanta ... but that's not what the NFL cares about. The Panthers won't move, but they easily could. The NFL doesn't need them there.

10 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The Panthers fanbase comes from two entire states. The NFL views the Falcons fanbase as the Atlanta metro area, which as Floppin typed, dwarfs the Charlotte metro area. So yes, the actual city proper of Charlotte is bigger than the city proper of Atlanta ... but that's not what the NFL cares about. The Panthers won't move, but they easily could. The NFL doesn't need them there.

Im willing to bet the overall fanbase of NC/SC are fans of other teams. We have one of the weakest fanbases in all the NFL. I would say the Texans/Jaguars are with us. Expansion teams have a tough time building up a legit fanbase. The NFL was here before the Panthers. Those NC/SC people had other teams way before the Panthers. Those teams were passed down to their kids.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Eh, that's a different argument. The actual TV market size for the Panthers is in the top 10 in the NFL.

• Pie 1

On 7/3/2023 at 9:51 AM, 4Corners said:

Here comes the billionaire city shakedown for corporate welfare

Please explain to me what large businesses don't do this.  ( receive incentives from a state, city , county , etc )  It's been going on for years and will so in the future.  But for some reason if a professional team does it, it's a shakedown or fleecing . 

State of SC trying to keep BMW happy . 70 million.   This goes on everywhere , when large businesses are involved.  Do you really think all the banking interest in Charlotte just decided to move to Charlotte without incentives ??   

https://www.thecentersquare.com/south_carolina/article_6bb96518-4fd8-11ed-8dd0-b301aef96fa0.html#:~:text=19%2C 2022.&text=(The Center Square) — The,battery assembly facility in Woodruff.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, OceanPanther said:

Please explain to me what large businesses don't do this.  ( receive incentives from a state, city , county , etc )  It's been going on for years and will so in the future.  But for some reason if a professional team does it, it's a shakedown or fleecing . 

State of SC trying to keep BMW happy . 70 million.   This goes on everywhere , when large businesses are involved.  Do you really think all the banking interest in Charlotte just decided to move to Charlotte without incentives ??   

https://www.thecentersquare.com/south_carolina/article_6bb96518-4fd8-11ed-8dd0-b301aef96fa0.html#:~:text=19%2C 2022.&text=(The Center Square) — The,battery assembly facility in Woodruff.

riCh mAn BaD!

• Pie 1

On 7/3/2023 at 9:20 AM, BrewerHouseBeer said:

Basically Atlanta has a better infrastructure than Charlotte. Atlanta is just more of a sexy city from the buildings to the night life. It seems bigger and more attractive than Charlotte imo.