• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Meatball opens his mouth again

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

He'll get them 8-9 wins in a year or two and maybe even eventually get to 10, depending on who they play, but they'll be slightly above average...not close to their former glory.

They're not going to win near that many games. He's getting canned in two or three years.

12 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

He wants to be Edgy, but nobody ever showed him how to do it. So he wound up  being really bad at it.

He acted like being against kids getting bullied was some sort of virtuous opinion that only he has and advocated killing someone over it…but yeah I’m the one tryna be edgy.

Edited by RJK
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, RJK said:

He acted like being against kids getting bullied was some sort of virtuous opinion that only he has and advocated killing someone over it…but yeah I’m just tryna be edgy 

Dude? There are very few ppl on this board that throw less sh/t than you. Playing the victim isn't in your wheelhouse.

• Beer 1

Just now, Gerry Green said:

Dude? There are very few ppl on this board that throw less sh/t than you. Playing the victim isn't in your wheelhouse.

You must have me confused with someone else. I try to be as middle of the road as possible but you’ll find examples of being inflammatory for comedic effect. Are you that guy who freaked out because I suggested we should wait for Jammie to play a snap before we pencil him in at nickel? If so, you seem to take all this very personal for some reason. 

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, RJK said:

He acted like being against kids getting bullied was some sort of virtuous opinion that only he has and advocated killing someone over it…but yeah I’m the one tryna be edgy.

You could have stated this, instead of being otherwise.  Instead ya just look stupid. 

Virtuous? Not at all. 

And I have zero problems pulling the trigger when it needs to be pulled.  

And here you are, defending stupidity.  

Get a clue. 

29 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

He wants to be Edgy, but nobody ever showed him how to do it. So he wound up  being really bad at it.

He's clueless, and tries to act smarter than he really is. Probably is a politician.  

Edited by pantherclaw

It baffles me how Rhule tries so hard to not accept full responsibility for his failure here. Tepper and Hurney where foolish enough to give him total control over the whole organization so of course he's going to be held response for the failure. You best believe if he would've been successful here, he would've been singing his own praises nonstop about how his "Brand" made us a winner. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if we have some kind of success here this year Rhule will come out of the woodwork to say how he laid the foundation for it and try to take some of the credit. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I thought Nebraska was one of the worst places for him, or maybe anybody.  They still have visions of success from over 20 years ago.  Regardless of what I think of The Process, anybody taking that job is set up for failure against that standard. 

His "rebound relationship" would have probably been better off at Colorado or Arizona State.  The expectations are lower, and if he is able to produce 8-10 wins a year at those schools, he would be a hero.

I'm not sure Saban could restore Nebraska to its past glory.

Yeah I thought ASU would've been a better fit in regards to managing and meeting expectations, especially with the upcoming departures in the PAC. Nebraska's heyday seems well past, and there aren't many compelling reasons for someone to go play in the middle of nowhere at what has become an afterthought and overshadowed by the competition.

That said, there's no reason to think he can't have them competitive with the rest of the Big 10, other than the 3 or 4 usual powers at the top in that conference.