• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns ranked #7 edge rusher in league by NFL execs, coaches, and scouts

thunderraiden

28 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Bosa was ranked #1. I always try to remind folks, Brian Burns has never had a consistent offense to play off of in his entire career, save the end of last year where he thrived. There is a reason he is worth 2 #1 picks plus more, a lot of you can't see it because our schemes have sucked, he has had no compliment on the other end, and we rarely played with a big lead for him to exploit.

Burns is our best player currently, happy to see him getting the recognition he deserves. Still a young guy, I hope we resign him soon!

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, shaq said:

Burns is our best player currently, happy to see him getting the recognition he deserves. Still a young guy, I hope we resign him soon!

Pretty much how I feel as well. Can't wait to see what Evero has in store for us this year. 

I realize this is a message board, and folks have a right to say pretty much whatever they want. But man...It really is kinda a shame on how many of our players are so undervalued by our own fans. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Totally not worth a second contract. We'll be fine without a pass rush, we have the greatest QB!!!

You need to put an lol, /s, or a jk at the end there. I don't know whether to pie, or poo you. I don't know whether to be outraged and throw a poo your way.  Or pie you cuz I'm so dang excited for what's heading our way.

Edited by Gerry Green
  • The D 1

28 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

You need to put an lol, /s, or a jk at the end there. I don't know whether to pie, or poo you. I don't know whether to be outraged and throw a poo your way.  Or pie you cuz I'm so dang excited for what's heading our way.

Know me well enough to decide on your own. Or don't  at all. No worries from me. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

He's not one dimensional. He is just light for the DE spot. And at times got.man handled by guys who have 50 to 75 lbs over him. 

Let's just ignore his talent because he's not an all around beast of a 290lb DE. 

fug this gets old. 

Seriously. It's like not paying Nnamdi because he can line up on one side or Richard because he can only play zone. Except this is a pass rusher -- way more valuable.

Yeah he's iffy against the run (not as much of a liability as the huddle makes him out to be, he knows his run fits) and he struggles sometimes when doubled, both points I know will be brought up during negotiations. He still wins most of his 1 on 1s fairly quickly and still is in his athletic prime.

But nah let's use one of those two first to maybe get a Brian Burns.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2