• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody else think we are putting to much on Bryce's plate?

DennisM1

58 minutes ago, DennisM1 said:

For clarification.. when I say too much on his plate I don't mean mentally, playbook , playing him etc I mean who we are SURROUNDING him with! We saw Cam literally give out from CARRYING this team! We need other legit playmakers not rookies or past their prime vets or injury prone guys who have never played a full NFL Season 

Cam had his best year with arguably his worse WR group. A goal of the coach is for the team to play better than expected with the overall product being better than the mere sum of the parts. So Thielen might not be a legitimate number 1 but on third down he is money and moves the chains. He has his role like Proehl did in 2003.  That same year we had a 3rd year guy who had shown flashes mainly on special teams and gadget plays but not really stood out as a receiver make a huge push and was a main reason we went to the postseason that year. Maybe Marshall is that guy for us. But the big X factor is coaching which has been estimated to account for almost 30% of a teams' success.  I don't see us getting outcoached very often this season.

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, DennisM1 said:

Which rookie QB has taken his team to the playoffs that was drafting top 10 in the past decade? That's very unrealistic 

Unrealistic to you. 

If he doesn't lead us to the playoffs then I was wrong. I'm just confident in his abilities. Also check our schedule it's not like we have some heavy hitters. Dolphins/Jags are our toughest games. We don't play Eagles or 49ers. I like our chances.

56 minutes ago, DennisM1 said:

Which rookie QB has taken his team to the playoffs that was drafting top 10 in the past decade? That's very unrealistic 

Vegas has us at 7.5 wins for a reason.  I think we solidify the defense next off season and in 2024 is when we wreck the nfc.   Too many holes on defense imo and a rookie qb is a tough ask to win the division.   

In the past decade the nfc south winner has won double digit games all but 2 times.   Last year and us in 2014.   There has never been a wild card team with single digit wins in 20 years.   So unless you truly think this team can win 11-12 games then I would not hold my breath on the playoffs.   I just hope to see progression and competency for this team and staff.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, DennisM1 said:

2008 Ravens won 2 playoff games with rookie Flacco and rookie coach Harbough.

2008 Falcons made playoffs with rookie Matt Ryan and rookie HC Mike Smith

2009 Jets win 2 playoff games with rookies Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan.

2012 Colts made playoffs with Rookies Luck and Pagano

That's 25% of the time in the last 15 years. Seems rather realistic to me.

Info provided by @csx

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

2008 Ravens won 2 playoff games with rookie Flacco and rookie coach Harbough.

2008 Falcons made playoffs with rookie Matt Ryan and rookie HC Mike Smith

2009 Jets win 2 playoff games with rookies Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan.

2012 Colts made playoffs with Rookies Luck and Pagano

That's 25% of the time in the last 15 years. Seems rather realistic to me.

Info provided by @csx

It's 0% the last 10 years.  Not sure why you went with 15.  

3 hours ago, DennisM1 said:

That's false lol he was talking about team building in the future compared him to Mahomes and how they didn't have great WRs but a special QB lol that ain't happening here ima tell you that right now

Making playoffs with a rookie would be a big accomplishment. Yet totally within realm of possibility.

I don't think any sane person 8s suggesting playoffs are the requirement for a successful season