• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did we get hoodwinked on Miles Sanders

TheBigKat

11 hours ago, jb2288 said:

I don’t understand this graphic. I feel like they made it trying to make the Eagles look good but in reality it looks dumb af. Why would you want 5 mediocre RBs taking up 5 roster spots? We’re gonna run into Sundays with 3 max. Sanders is better than any of those 5 by a large margin as well. 

It's from an Eagles fan page.

On 7/22/2023 at 6:46 PM, WarPanthers89 said:

Yeah we overpaid but we knew we needed a top talent at RB to help our rookie franchise QB, and ones who have Sanders combination of explosive running and catch ability is hard to find. We did overpay but the help he brings to Bryce will be money well spent…..we hope. He’s in his prime and just got close to 1300 yards rushing last year. 

Miles Sanders isn't a top talent though.  I mean, that is the reality of it.  He is a solid RB.  He cracked 1000 yards for the first time in his career last year (behind arguably the best OL in the league) and hasn't caught a receiving TD since 2019.   

• Beer 1

We overpaid a bit, but there are only two (barely) noteworthy RBs on that list for the Eagles.  The rest are guys that will only see the light of day if the first two are injured (which would effectively mean the Eagles "wasted" money on their top 2 RBs).  I don't see them as having value, so one could easily argue the eagles are wasting $4m on RBs.

Sanders got his numbers last year with low usage. Eagles fans bellyached over the fact that they left so many yards on the field not using him enough. I remember in the championship, he basically stood on the sideline after an impactful first quarter. We got a running back with great talent who did not have a high usage rate scheduled to work here one year after age 30 and we could cut him before that for next to nothing.

Annnnnnd please stop acting like CMC is the greatest RB to put on a uniform. Injury prone and still on some would/could if he stays healthy. 

• Beer 1

Biggest concern with Sanders is his lack of production after first contact.  He was running behind the best OL in the NFL and with huge holes thanks to the push and Hurts. 

Miles Sanders ranked I believe 65th in terms of average production after first contact.   And the Eagles thought others were better pass catching options.  I think the pass catching RB is the hole on this roster given we are starting a rookie.  Because you load up to stop the run vs Bryce Young.  I think we need a backfield that can handle about 80 receptions. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Biggest concern with Sanders is his lack of production after first contact.  He was running behind the best OL in the NFL and with huge holes thanks to the push and Hurts. 

Miles Sanders ranked I believe 65th in terms of average production after first contact.  

Looks like best rank was last year at #10. Worst was 2021 at #43

image.png.bcb9dd2c06841203e2167c4e8bb207cb.png

image.png.3c64b129161037cbd2095f5032771dd9.png

image.png.030b41f427d10a9a5f28b7c973367ebd.png

image.png.68ba579d0241d6d65effeb6c25043b58.png

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-rb.php?year=2019

• Pie 1

We have Sanders for a couple years and I am thinking he will be productive. In the next couple drafts we should target his eventual heir. The league is bipolar. Couple years ago FA running backs were getting big contracts and nobody was drafting RB's in the first. Now you had Gibbs and Robinson going high but Barkley/ Jacobs  can't get  extensions and Cook is sitting on his couch right now.  We got the guy we wanted and no I don't think it was a gross overpay. 

Yes we overpaid but with a rookie QB, we needed a stud RB.  If we overpaid by a couple million, who cares if Miles is the right guy and he'll be one of the few RBs that is happy with his contract and ready to run through a brick wall.  The cap is so big these days and we are way ahead of everyone with a rookie QB contract.