• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Danielle Hunter available for trade?

Smithers

9 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If we an edge rusher away from realistically contending for a SB then it would make sense. We're not and giving up assets that we may need to build around our rookie QB isn't going to make getting there any easier. 

Why are you directing this at me? Have I advocated for trading anything for anyone right now? I corrected a factually incorrect statement. That is all. 

Forget about it, you can only have one big contract per position and Burns deserves one first.  We just have to hope that we have found complimentary pass rushers through the draft or free agency cheap vet deals.

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Just how I read it. Sounded like you were saying we still have a 25' first to work with because we traded away DJ. 

No problem. I admit, I probably should've added that I wasn't advocating for a trade...since that is the subject of the thread. Just kinda kneejerked to correct was I knew to be incorrect. I honestly like Hunter, but I agree with everyone who thinks this would not be a good time to trade assets. 

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not to mention question marks about the weapons we've put around our young QB. I like the talent, but the group doesn't have a lot of proven production outside of the top two and one of those guys has stayed hurt and the other is on the downside of his career. I just don't think we're on the position to do it. It's really hard to pull off two huge splash trades in back to back years much less two in one off-season.

We are one year away.  2024 is the season we should be proverbially going "all in".  We need development from bryce, mingo.  We need more depth on defense.  Hopefully next off season this will all be addressed.