• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday Panthers Practice - Pads go on today!

Zod

26 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Matt Rhule guy gone. Curious to see what the corresponding move will be. 

To replace him on the roster, they signed defensive lineman LaBryan Ray.

The Alabama product spent time with the Patriots last year and recently played in the XFL.

(from that link)

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I wouldn’t go that far without digging in… their MAUs are higher than they have ever been and since they paying people for producing content now, the appeal of the platform is at it’s highest. 

Twitter/X's valuation has been cut in half.  The advertising dollars have been fleeing.  Which is where the money is.  And you can't blame them.  Musk is too unstable and erratic.  He also is a notorious liar and BSer.      

Musk is just a rich dude that has the capital to make mistake after mistake after mistake.  That would sink/destroy most.    He thinks because he is smart in some avenues (which he is) that he is a universal genius on all things (which he clearly isn't).   He just has a lot of money. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

He didn't make paypal

Hey man, same on derailing this thread but this is false. I work with a guy that worked at PayPal in product management when Elon and team were growing it prior to being sold to eBay. Elon was very much involved. This is first hand knowledge from someone who was in the room. 

you can DM me for more info so that we don’t derail this thread.

now back to football. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Hey man, same on derailing this thread but this is false. I work with a guy that worked at PayPal in product management when Elon and team were growing it prior to being sold to eBay. Elon was very much involved. This is first hand knowledge from someone who was in the room. 

you can DM me for more info so that we don’t derail this thread.

now back to football. 

its been derailed already

thanks fellas

• Beer 3

22 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

In a nutshell… it’s the same thing when gooogle changed their name to “alphabet.”

they are broadening their suite of capabilities. So “x” is the branding for it. 

x.com is the name of the company musk had that merged with confinity to create paypal. I guess he’s been holding onto the domain all this time.

Fun fact, the database tables at Paypal are still called conf (from confinity) and ctoc, which stands for crap taken off conf.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

I just hope no injuries. “Knock on

wood”.  When pads go on, folks go hard.  Jobs on the line.

Think pads will make a big difference in the time clock Young has to work with.   I know they can't touch him regardless but it still changes things. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Think pads will make a big difference in the time clock Young has to work with.   I know they can't touch him regardless but it still changes things. 

Might give him a smidge more time in the pocket imo seeing as how the o-line can really put hands on the d-linemen now. We shall see. 

Hoping we hear about them running some situational stuff at practice today. Seems like it’s been a lot of 11-on-11 and 7-on-7 but not much 2 minute/red zone to this point. Maybe they wanted to wait on pads to get to that stuff. 

Just now, BlackPanther22 said:

Might give him a smidge more time in the pocket imo seeing as how the o-line can really put hands on the d-linemen now. We shall see. 

Hoping we hear about them running some situational stuff at practice today. Seems like it’s been a lot of 11-on-11 and 7-on-7 but not much 2 minute/red zone to this point. Maybe they wanted to wait on pads to get to that stuff. 

don't know about that.  Who we got playing G right now? probably down to 3rd stringers starting right?  Think we got some injuries there.