• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday Practice Thread 8/1/23

Ricky Spanish

23 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Agreed. and you literally used "literally" in the literal sense.

The only thing I can add about the concerning discussion that worries me are these thoughts from Yogi Berra:

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
  • You can observe a lot by just watching.
  • It ain’t over till it’s over.
  • It’s like déjà vu all over again.
  • No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.
  • Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.
  • A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.
  • Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.
  • We made too many wrong mistakes.
  • Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken.
  • You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.
  • You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you.
  • I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four.
  • Never answer an anonymous letter.
  • Slump? I ain’t in no slump… I just ain’t hitting.
  • The future ain’t what it used to be.
  • It gets late early out here.
  • If the people don’t want to come out to the ballpark, nobody’s going to stop them.
  • We have deep depth.
  • Pair up in threes.
  • Why buy good luggage, you only use it when you travel.
  • You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there.
  • Even Napoleon had his Watergate.
  • He hits from both sides of the plate. He’s amphibious.
  • It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.
  • I don’t know (if they were men or women fans running naked across the field). They had bags over their heads.
  • I’m not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.
  • I never blame myself when I’m not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn’t my fault that I’m not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
  • I never said most of the things I said.
  • It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.
  • If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.
  • Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets.
  • If the world were perfect, it wouldn’t be.

I feel like I just listened to a post-game press conference from The Process or a speech by George W Bush or Joe Biden.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I understand why. You want your backup to get more reps than the backup to the backup.

He's taking the PJ Walker reps from last TC, whereas last year he was taking Jake Luton equivalent reps. 

we know what dalton is.  If for some reason BY goes down we aint winning poo with dalton so why not try and develop mc as well.  Just feels off and a bit like last year.  But this staff seemingly knows what they are doing which leads me to the conclusion maybe Corral just isnt any good.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Is there any intel, any comment or anything at all about Matt Corral and how he is looking, reps etc? 

He’s getting very few reps. Bryce is getting almost all team reps. Dalton is getting the remainder.

It feels like the team has moved on and I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade him for a low pick after camp.

I doubt he’ll stick as a PS guy. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My man can he at least play 1 game in a Panthers uniform before we start showing concern?

You want to crown him before he plays a game. Why can't I show concern before he plays a game? All I said was that he hasn't done much when the full 11 v 11 period begins yet everyone here is comparing him to All-Time Greats and talking Super Bowls based on 7 v 7 numbers. 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Tbe said:

He’s getting very few reps. Bryce is getting almost all team reps. Dalton is getting the remainder.

It feels like the team has moved on and I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade him for a low pick after camp.

I doubt he’ll stick as a PS guy. 

We can keep three QB's now. He will be on the roster. 

Just now, CPcavedweller said:

We can keep three QB's now. He will be on the roster. 

Right, it just depends on if they think he could step in and play well. I have my doubts, but hopefully he shows out in the pre-season. I don’t see how though without practice.