• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Night Preseason Games

Jackie Lee

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

For some reason they aren’t playing all of their starting OL. Seems like an odd move when you are trying to develop your rookie QB…

Texans just doing Texans things. Like seriously, why TF would you not only risk development, but injury throwing him out there with backups? That sounds like some Rhule type sh*t honestly. 

Edited by Castavar
  • Pie 6

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Texans just doing Texans things. Like seriously, why TF would you not only risk development, but injury throwing him out there with backups? That sounds like some Rhule type sh*t honestly. 

Then pull him after a bad decision… It’s like they are doing everything to slow down his progression.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Then pull him after a bad decision… It’s like they are doing everything to slow down his progression.

That was a big red flag IMO. They either didn't trust Stroud not to spiral or they sent the message to their rookie that he's on a tight leash. If you trust the kid and you're committed to building around him you gotta put him back out there. Dial up some layups for him. This is just a bad look. Not sure on who or if it's on everyone. Don't wanna overreact to preseason stuff but the way that transpired is concerning.

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I would hope so. Wasn’t he the full time starter last year vs a rookie’s first preseason series?

I don't want my back up QB that couldn't make it as a starter looking 10X better than my #2 pick.

If Young goes out there and gets outperformed by Dalton, I would be bummed. And Dalton shitts on Mills. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1