• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral

The Huddler

The dude is being paid 5 mil to get beat up behind a trash OL for 3 preseason games, then he just has to practice for the rest of the season.

He is not getting a chance to start anywhere at this point and likely would not be more than the 3rd QB on any NFL team, which is what he is here. 

• Beer 3

Corral's been absolute cheeks but he's been dealt some of worst cards to begin his NFL career:

-Drafted to start his career under Rhule who had no intentions or knowledge of developing rookie QB's 

-Playing behind the 4th string O-line during preseason and then getting injured for the entire season

-Now, new coaching staff who has no ties to him

-Bryce getting drafted and taking pretty much all the reps (although needed for BY)

-Having once again playing behind a JV o-line his first NFL action back since injury

Not sure OP actually likes Corral. It just comes off as something said to even out the harsher tones of the post. 

It’s just shortsighted. I could argue why it’s shortsighted about Corral (or any young QB), but that’s a dead horse that still gets beat all the time. 

It’s also short sighted regarding Bryce. 

I’m drinking the milkshake right now, while also recognizing that he hasn’t shown anything yet, outside of being the only rookie QB to not throw a horrible pick in the first game. 

Im highly confident in Bryce, but we are 1 preseason game in. We have a long season to go. Bryce has to do something, and do so consistently for us to finally feel safe at QB. 

So far he is all hype in the NFL, and I don’t care to get caught up in that. QB since Cam has me all aboard the “wait and see” train, even if I’m almost certain Bryce is it. 

Regarding Corral…cutting him is dumb poo. He’s young and cheap, and he absolutely could develop behind Bryce. Unless our coaches actually are all hype too. 

If he isn’t on the team, it needs to be by trade. 

Dalton being a hit away from being the only QB on the roster does not make me comfortable at all. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’m down to let him play out the preseason but holy poo some of his reads were like man, your first read is open. Throw the ball. His first throw was to a wide open receiver. Whifffff. 

I agree. He did a few nice things, but looked nervous out there. 

Time will tell if it’s just jitters that calm down, but he also might not have it. 

QB in the NFL is hard. 

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

I’m down to let him play out the preseason but holy poo some of his reads were like man, your first read is open. Throw the ball. His first throw was to a wide open receiver. Whifffff. 

id rather let dalton get some reps..

god forbid dalton has to go in.. knock on wood.. or whatever the fug else..  

knock on wood..

knock on wood..

but bryce is that prospect that is abnormally small..  knock on wood..  if bryce needs to miss time I believe we have the team to win i want the backup to be capable..  which dalton is.. i guess and think..

tbh ive had beers they are taking effect .. i put my point out there and i feel i backed it up.. this is what im known for on here to huddle vets im going to tap put now..

LETS FUGGIN GO PANTHERS  THIS IS THE YEAR   REICH AND YOUNG ARE GOING TO fug SSHIT UP

ight i said my piece goodnight

35 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Not that I'm unique in my opportunity to see actual practice and games.. theres a lot of fans that do that..  but the fact i was able to for the first time this year really put some things in perspective for me..  let me put it this way..

we arent "developing" matt corral..

When i saw the joint practice with the Jets.. dude had SCRAPS ..  he had* the last rep or two in every drill.. 7v7..  11v11...  I barely saw the MF..

and then all of a sudden he plays most of the preseason game.. ??

the fug are we developing?  I sure as hell did not witness "developing" in practice..  And its not like he ws bad in practice.. i barely saw the MF.. how is he going to develop? fugin virtual reality>??

the dude clearly isnt in our plans (what i saw from practice) ..... (aka has not been given a fair chance)...

..    and im not saying the panthers are in the wrong..  we got our guy and the backup.. and from the impersonal entity of the panthers..  we are trying to trade the MF! 

but, it didn't work..  you did not prepare the trade piece.. the trade piece.. is no longer trade piece..   because of that, let the dude go.. he aint going to get you a "pick"   .. let him go..

Development doesn’t just happen on the field. Theres so much more off the field.  He’s in a tougher situation than most being that he was a draft pick under Rhule and now has a new system with a coach that has no ties coming off a broken foot. Hes not BY and you can’t expect him to progress at that rate. Hes a 3rd round project QB with a number 1 pick in front of him. BY should be getting the most practice reps, followed by AD. Realistic expectations should be 2-3 years as a 3rd string QB and if hes more, great, if not, move on. Its barely been 2 weeks in TC. 

I don't care if MC makes the team or not. But weve got to be realistic in our expectations. If BY and AD go down, our season is over anyway. MC just gets us better draft position, minus that 1st of course. 

51 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Not that I'm unique in my opportunity to see actual practice and games.. theres a lot of fans that do that..  but the fact i was able to for the first time this year really put some things in perspective for me..  let me put it this way..

we arent "developing" matt corral..

When i saw the joint practice with the Jets.. dude had SCRAPS ..  he had* the last rep or two in every drill.. 7v7..  11v11...  I barely saw the MF..

and then all of a sudden he plays most of the preseason game.. ??

the fug are we developing?  I sure as hell did not witness "developing" in practice..  And its not like he ws bad in practice.. i barely saw the MF.. how is he going to develop? fugin virtual reality>??

the dude clearly isnt in our plans (what i saw from practice) ..... (aka has not been given a fair chance)...

..    and im not saying the panthers are in the wrong..  we got our guy and the backup.. and from the impersonal entity of the panthers..  we are trying to trade the MF! 

but, it didn't work..  you did not prepare the trade piece.. the trade piece.. is no longer trade piece..   because of that, let the dude go.. he aint going to get you a "pick"   .. let him go..

Well, they have to get Bryce ready.  So yeah, they aren’t able to develop him in camp like the dude.  But he can work all season.