• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Praise for Mingo

Panthercougar68

6 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

They did a really good job of concealing it/edited enthusiasm for Johnson, because on the Blueprint footage they were standing pat watching boards and rejoiced when the several teams before them didn't take DJ. They started high-fiving to turn that pick in to announcers. 

I watched the draft room live that night whenever they cut to the Panthers There was a lot of activity that didn't make the Blueprint in the Panthers draft room. Fitterer was working the phone before Nolan went off the board and when his name was called his expression told me he was not happy about it.  I'm not saying they weren't going to take Mingo had they pulled off getting Nolan.  But Fitterer wanted Nolan pretty bad. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2

18 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Never in the history of the Panthers franchise has any preseason game been so overly criticized. 

And there have been worse games. 

that's one of the repercussions of hiring an all star coaching staff, trading picks and players away for the #1 pick, all these goofy hype videos, memes, gifs, etc.

you do all that, get blanked AND made look silly?

woo boy

16 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I watched the draft room live that night whenever they cut to the Panthers There was a lot of activity that didn't make the Blueprint in the Panthers draft room. Fitterer was working the phone before Nolan went off the board and when his name was called his expression told me he was not happy about it.  I'm not saying they weren't going to take Mingo had they pulled off getting Nolan.  But Fitterer wanted Nolan pretty bad. 

Ahhh, I hear ya. I can see them definitely making it look like they were set and in love with every pick on the Blueprint. 

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its always a crap shoot with a rookie qb and a razor thin defense.  Not sure why people simply dont understand this

Probably because most folks don't agree with the "Razor thin Defense". Most think we have a shot at a top 10ish Defense. 

All we need from the Offense is to be steady and limit the turnovers.

On 8/15/2023 at 2:36 PM, rayzor said:

i think it was kind of obvious that the jets weren't in evaluation mode to the degree that we were. they schemed. we didn't. we had no need to. 

this is one of the things i hate about preseason games. it's rare that both teams have the same objective. one of the many things that made belichick such a punk was that preseason games were treated the same way as regular season games, which isn't fair to the team who is just wanting to do some evaluating.  it was dangerous and they came after cam big time. 

repeating myself, we were shut out and blown out because the jets were in it to win and make up for a loss in the HoF game and for looking bad in the joint practices. jets also had to make it look good for hard knocks. 

we should have been better, for sure, but let's not pretend that the jets weren't much more motivated to look better than we were to look good against the other team.

This is very dismissive of how bad ALL of our depth chart looked. Starters looked bad, 2nd looked bad, 3rd looked bad. They all looked bad. That isn't scheming. That's just being the less talented team. 

58 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Ahhh, I hear ya. I can see them definitely making it look like they were set and in love with every pick on the Blueprint. 

What else can they do? The only true 1st choice they made was Bryce.  After that it was the best available among their wants and needs. They wanted Mingo pretty bad as well but they willing to take someone else had Mingo gone the pick before.  They had a plan in place for anything that happened but I'm certain Nolan was plan A.

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

This is very dismissive of how bad ALL of our depth chart looked. Starters looked bad, 2nd looked bad, 3rd looked bad. They all looked bad. That isn't scheming. That's just being the less talented team. 

Soooo...I take it you're not in the "We have a shot at the Playoffs" group?

3 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Probably because most folks don't agree with the "Razor thin Defense". Most think we have a shot at a top 10ish Defense. 

All we need from the Offense is to be steady and limit the turnovers.

We have no pass rush depth, no linebacker depth and absolutely no corner depth.  I would say that is the epitome of a "razor thin defense".

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We have no pass rush depth, no linebacker depth and absolutely no corner depth.  I would say that is the epitome of a "razor thin defense".

If you feel this way about the defense which I view as our strength. I would hate to see how you feel about the offense.

Im assuming you think we will be a bottom 5 team this season correct?

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If you feel this way about the defense which I view as our strength. I would hate to see how you feel about the offense.

Im assuming you think we will be a bottom 5 team this season correct?

we should win 7,8 games this year, 9 if we stay healthy and catch some breaks but more then likely 7 wins