• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How would you feel if we cut Chuba and signed Hunt?

TheBigKat

20 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

To me Chuba stinks, even as a #2 and in an effort to close out games at the end you need the ability to run the ball at the end.

I like the idea of an experienced vet like Kareem Hunt to be the 2 punch after Sanders

Chubba can be an asset. He may not be a #1 back, but he has obviously worked to improve his pass catching ability. We do not need to bring the baggage Kareem Hunt brings with his past. Not a good fit for the Panthers. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I wouldn't sign Hunt, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over losing Chubba either. I know that the huddle likes to refer to any non-hall of famer as a "JAG" and I know half the huddle thinks any UDFA RB can plug in and produce on any NFL team, but in the case of Hubbard, he's JAG all day.

I disagree. He's more explosive than JAG.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

If we're going to sign a free agent, I'd prefer somebody like Andrew Norwell or Dalton Risner.

Per Mike Kaye from the Mailbag:

Regarding the outside options, the choices are on a very slim list. Dalton Risner, the former second-round pick of the Denver Broncos, remains unsigned for whatever reason. He played left guard in Denver, and had an up-and-down fourth season with his former squad. Defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero, linebackers coach Peter Hansen and senior defensive assistant Dom Capers worked in Denver with Risner last season. If that trio felt like Risner was a good fit for the team, he probably would have been signed already, especially given the urgency of the competition on the line. Gabe Jackson, Justin Pugh and Andrew Norwell are the other “name” options, but all three of those guys are on wrong side of 30. The team could also wait for the waiver wire following cut-down day, but that would be a pretty quick turnaround for a player who wasn’t deemed worthy of a roster spot elsewhere.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article278165232.html#storylink=cpy

Edited by ladypanther

6 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Per Mike Kaye from the Mailbag:

Regarding the outside options, the choices are on a very slim list. Dalton Risner, the former second-round pick of the Denver Broncos, remains unsigned for whatever reason. He played left guard in Denver, and had an up-and-down fourth season with his former squad. Defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero, linebackers coach Peter Hansen and senior defensive assistant Dom Capers worked in Denver with Risner last season. If that trio felt like Risner was a good fit for the team, he probably would have been signed already, especially given the urgency of the competition on the line. Gabe Jackson, Justin Pugh and Andrew Norwell are the other “name” options, but all three of those guys are on wrong side of 30. The team could also wait for the waiver wire following cut-down day, but that would be a pretty quick turnaround for a player who wasn’t deemed worthy of a roster spot elsewhere.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article278165232.html#storylink=cpy

Smart...

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't care about the "wrong side of 30" thing. Not every player on your roster is gonna be a long-term fixture in the locker room. In fact most aren't, regardless of age.

We've shown willingness to sign "wrong side of 30" players to short-term contracts.

(our most recent edge rushing addition, for example)

I have a hard time following Mike Kayes logic on a lot of things 

We signed 8 FA over 30 this off-season. Why would that matter for a short term band-aid in Norwell? We did it last week with Houston 

Also our Defensive staff isn't here to scout offensive lineman. We have pro scouts and front office for that

Edited by csx