• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone watching Hard Knocks tonight?

NAS

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, even Aaron Rodgers was giggling and had to go to his toes on the "sacks" they were counting in practice against our O.  Not sure we embarrassed them as bad was a painted here. 

We had our moments yeah, but it might of been understated how well the Jets dealt with our OL in practice simply because ESPN and the likes wanted to focus on Rodgers getting frustrated when we caused some problems.  

Well our OL in practice featured Cam Erving getting beat like a drum by several different guys. Hopefully he doesnt have to see the field in the regular season. By all accounts we did much better in the practice sessions than in the game that the Jets schemed for and we didnt. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean, even Aaron Rodgers was giggling and had to go to his toes on the "sacks" they were counting in practice against our O.  Not sure we embarrassed them as bad was a painted here. 

We had our moments yeah, but it might of been understated how well the Jets dealt with our OL in practice simply because ESPN and the likes wanted to focus on Rodgers getting frustrated when we caused some problems.  

Aaron Rodgers went 3 and out in 11 on 11 without sacks. Keeping that offense from getting a first down isn’t “some problems” it’s a big one because they have o line issues too.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, rayzor said:

this. it was a damn practice game. it was our first. it was an evaluation. and it was against a team that felt it needed to have a win before winning actually matters.

the whole damn thing was basically a sucker punch. so congrats to the jets on their "win".

i hope y'all fall flat on your faces.

After watching Hard Knocks episode I want them to fail so badly. 

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Aaron Rodgers went 3 and out in 11 on 11 without sacks. Keeping that offense from getting a first down isn’t “some problems” it’s a big one because they have o line issues too.

I mean, the Panthers disrupting them was covered up on Hard Knocks.   They had a highlight clip of the Jets O imploding. 

the only point was, the Jets DL seemed to have no problem disrupting us in practice.  And that wasn't talked about much going into the game where they did the same thing.  People keep calling it gameplanning we weren't prepared for on Sat.  I disagree with that.  They were running simple stunts on Sat.  You practice that.  That's not gameplanning.  and they appeared to of done to some extent in practice too.   Which we struggled with then too. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, rayzor said:

this. it was a damn practice game. it was our first. it was an evaluation. and it was against a team that felt it needed to have a win before winning actually matters.

the whole damn thing was basically a sucker punch. so congrats to the jets on their "win".

i hope y'all fall flat on your faces.

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

47 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Well our OL in practice featured Cam Erving getting beat like a drum by several different guys. Hopefully he doesnt have to see the field in the regular season. By all accounts we did much better in the practice sessions than in the game that the Jets schemed for and we didnt. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Ekwanu is no longer a rookie, he doesn’t need his hand held any more if he ever did. But he knows where to have his laundry done now and where to eat and where to get his sound system and rims and jewelry and has his financial advisor set. All that getting settled stuff. 

He needs NFL playing help now. I think probably quite a bit of it; he is moving into advanced pass blocking. I don’t know how much Erving is gonna help him with that. His value might be back to being more tied to his on field contributions.