• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bring in a RB....

Jmac

Just now, Icege said:

They already picked up a camp body CB since Mabin and one of the other CBs are hurt.

I think that they roll with Hubbard/Blackshear/Brown and if there's concerns with Chuba then they might start kicking tires.

Well damn. I know we have some injury concerns with CB always but a part of me wishes we did take a look at Fournette just to see. Who knows, maybe one of the guys we already have is a solid back waiting to show it or at least I hope.

49 minutes ago, jtm said:

Panthers appear to really like Blackshear.  Hubbard gets a bad rap for some reason and he's a solid back-up.  This offense will showcase Miles Sanders and I'd be surprised if he wasn't ready to roll week 1.  

It's not just for some reason. He has horrible hands. His rookie season he had 7 drops on 37 targets for a drop rate of almost 20%. He was only targeted 17 times out of the backfield last season and still had a drop. He also had as many fumbles as he did touchdowns last season (2). He's supposed to be a track star but we've all seen him ran down from behind by LBs on breakaways (CMC was criticized for the same thing).

This isn't to say that Chuba is a lost cause. He has shown growth and development. So long as that continues he'll finish his rookie contract with the team. 

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

I think between Hubbard, Brown, and Blackshear they will get the running game going. The only mistake I think they made was signing Sanders in the first place. I would have tried to get Foreman back on a 1 year deal and roll with the young guys, and put that money into depth on the O-Line or LB. But that's just me. 

I'd love to say Spencer Brown and/or Raheem Blackshear are something special, but they're literally a dime a dozen. I'm not too bullish on the RB lineup and think it, like the OL, was largely taken for granted (i.e. "we replaced Fournette with Sanders, we good now").

For everything Fitterer says about being "in on every deal," there's a lot of evidence that speaks to the contrary. 

Having a stud RB just isn't as important as it used to be.  Look at the top RBs and most of them play for average teams and if they didn't have that RB, the team would still be average.  Heck, CMC was as good as it gets and the Panthers still stunk it up with him on our team.