• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Fitterer the right guy?

NJPanthers89

Can't wait until Mr. "In on Every Deal" trades for Jonathan Taylor 🫣.  Instead of wasting money on jags like Hayden Hurst, Thielen and Miles Sanders in a year with "low expectations", maybe he could have signed a legit DT or OG for the future.  Instead he put lipstick on a pig team, a team that is going nowhere, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take the blinders off.    

There legit aren't many offenses that look worse on paper than ours...all i can think of are like Houston and Arizona, and its close lol.   

12 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I don't agree Fitz has done a bad job once he was in charge. He gave Wilks the reins and that worked out pretty well. Bringing in Reich and his staff was a major coup. Reich was clearly one of the best choices out there and his staff is widely regarded as one of the best before the season even starts. 

Clearly your beef is not trading Burns for a bunch of picks.  Let's see how he does before deciding if keeping or trading him was a good idea. And let's see what the final impact he makes versus the cost before bitching about the contract especially the guaranteed amount which is all that matters.

You are right though, players wanted to be here and guys like Shaq took a pay cut just to be a part of what we are building. Sorry to say it but with your take on things I am glad you are like me, just a fan and not the GM. Frankly I haven't been this hopeful in years.

Wilks was send packing, so it didn't work out all that well. Fitt has seen a great many people sent packing. Not good obviously.

We have no idea if Reich will pan out, so just like with Burns we need to wait and see. I'm unaware of any sort of battle to court Reich and beat out other interested teams for his services. The last bidding war we had was for Rhule of course. 

Not trading Burns for 3 first round picks still bothers me. I'd rather have the picks based on what I've seen from Burns in the past. But I acknowledge that I'm just a fan, and my opinion could turn out to be incorrect.  

I certainly wouldn't and couldn't be the GM of the Panthers. I'm glad I'm just a fan as well.

Now I have a question for you. Were you one of Rhule's biggest defenders on the Huddle?

• Beer 1

Yeah I’m really not a big fan of Fitterer. “I really don’t buy the whole Matt Rhule made every move that was bad and I made all the good ones” vibe that comes from the team.

Like Matt Rhule just busted up in his office and started whooping his ass with a belt if he didn’t make a roster move. 

I like the OL investment but I really think the OL improvement we seen last year was from Wilks running the ball 35 times per game and getting the ball out quick and I think we are seeing that in this new system with the breakdowns in protections. 

Moves he has made that I don’t like:

-Trading for Sam Darnold

-Trading for Baker Mayfield

-Trading up for Matt Corral

-Trading for CJ Henderson

-Not trading Burns for 3 first round picks 

-Extending Donte Jackson

-Extending Robbie Anderson

-Taking Horn over Surtain, Slater, and Fields.

-Extending Ian Thomas

-Resigning Michael Jordan/Not cutting Michael Jordan.

-This weird insistence that Stephen Sullivan is an NFL TE.

-Assisting Rhule in his Baylor/Temple cronyism and nepotism.

-And I’m pretty sure I’m going to hate this trading up for DJ Johnson pick as well.

I don’t really mind him taking Icky over Neal but I still think Icky is going to have a hard time adapting to being a LT in a passing offense that isn’t run first.

In my opinion he has done more than enough to go out the door.

• Beer 2

All this angst after 2 Preseason games. Where we were warned that things were going to be vanilla. 

We are to learn from the past, not fear it. It's a new dawn, a new day. It just might work out.

If Bryce even sniffs the OROY we are competing for the Playoffs. I can live with that.

Edited by Gerry Green

8 hours ago, pantherj said:

Wilks was send packing, so it didn't work out all that well. Fitt has seen a great many people sent packing. Not good obviously.

We have no idea if Reich will pan out, so just like with Burns we need to wait and see. I'm unaware of any sort of battle to court Reich and beat out other interested teams for his services. The last bidding war we had was for Rhule of course. 

Not trading Burns for 3 first round picks still bothers me. I'd rather have the picks based on what I've seen from Burns in the past. But I acknowledge that I'm just a fan, and my opinion could turn out to be incorrect.  

I certainly wouldn't and couldn't be the GM of the Panthers. I'm glad I'm just a fan as well.

Now I have a question for you. Were you one of Rhule's biggest defenders on the Huddle?

To answer the only point you raise worth responding to, no I was a critic of Rhule and didn't want a college coach to begin with. Exactly how many of them do well their first time in the nfl.  I am in favor of guys like Reich who are proven commodities.  He had a winning record in 3 of his 4 full seasons at Indy and had back to back winning seasons in 2020 and 2021. Something we haven't done in our history

well Fitt’s career here will be dictated by Bryce Young.  Same for Frank. And he can’t just be serviceable.

we traded away CMC, DJ Moore, a 2024 1st pick, all the picks we got for CMC in this years draft….in exchange to move up a couple spots in the first round and to get DJ Johnson. 

I mean, I like Bryce Young.  Thats not the debate.  But that’s a lot of assets when the GM had other QBs he could have snagged in the past couple drafts at no additional cost. 

So we will see.  

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Like Matt Rhule just busted up in his office and started whooping his ass with a belt if he didn’t make a roster move. 

Close but not exactly. Rhule would bang on tables and say “this is what we are doing, I know this is the right.” 

As reported last year after he was fired when the truth started coming out.

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

As reported last year after he was fired when the truth started coming out.

Everyone looking to cover for themselves when poo hit the fans.   Matt Rhule largely painted the narrative differently than folks around here.  That he wasn't the all powerful Oz.  Probably can't believe anyone when everyone is trying to save face. 

I still don't buy the college coach with no experience was given absolute power over everyone, at all times, until the day he was fired. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Everyone looking to cover for themselves when poo hit the fans.   Matt Rhule largely painted the narrative differently than folks around here.  That he wasn't the all powerful Oz.  Probably can't believe anyone when everyone is trying to save face. 

I still don't buy the college coach with no experience was given absolute power over everyone, at all times, until the day he was fired. 

You want to believe Matt Rhule's version of events?

Okay then 😆

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

You want to believe Matt Rhule's version of events?

Okay then 😆

I literally said you shouldn't believe anyone as the truth teller when poo hits the fan in a NFL franchise.    Everyone telling their own version of partial truths to make them not look bad. 

The poo show wasn't just Matt Rhule.  It was Tepper, Marty, Scott and Rhule.  I blame them all.  

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

I ddint believe until I saw our social media team posting poo from his Baylor/Rutgers days..... at that moment i realized he did have control. A coach should never be involved in marketing, ever.

Edited by TheCasillas