• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

a message to The Panthers, David Tepper, and all of you "it's just preseason" "fans" on here

GOAT

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I'll post again for context.  Sure 9 wins could get us a wildcard but the odds are not in our favor

In the past decade the nfc south winner has won double digit games all but 2 times.   Last year and us in 2014.   There has never been a wild card team with single digit wins in 20 years.   So unless you truly think this team can win 11-12 games then I would not hold my breath on the playoffs.   I just hope to see progression and competency for this team and staff.  

In closing last year was a complete aberration and not anywhere close to the norm.

Oh I don't disagree but to me, finishing 1-2 games out of a wildcard spot is about where I think we will end up. Close enough that if a couple breaks go our way we could sneak in. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

so how many marathons are you okay with running and taking last place before you go, hmm, maybe I fugging suck at this and should be better? 28? 29?

Starting when I was five or so, I've run about fifty at this point.

Coming up on thirty as a Panthers fan. Some good, some bad, some ugly.

Hopeful to have thirty or forty more, God willing.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

oh, trust me... i can tell you've experienced a lot with your insecure posts.... but the things in your life arent your poblems, you are their problem.

We aren't personally attacking you, you are just giving us the facts to serve you a digital mirror. 

why are you commenting on someones personal life and problems that you don't know at all because they ranted about a shitty football team on a fan forum?

• Pie 1

Just now, GOAT said:

why are you commenting on someones personal life and problems that you don't know at all because they ranted about a shitty football team on a fan forum?

says the person sharing his personal troubles throughout an entire thread.... Do you even read what you write? lol. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Oh I don't disagree but to me, finishing 1-2 games out of a wildcard spot is about where I think we will end up. Close enough that if a couple breaks go our way we could sneak in. 

1 or 2 off the wildcard would be almost as good as making the super bowl with this squad.  That would be a hell of a season

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Maybe you should think about why you’re running to the ABC store to buy liquor during a pre-season game. Football is a game, like you stated. Stop taking it so seriously.

holy mother of god these comments about drinking during the game are insane. I had no idea this place was so dry. I thought I was lame for only drinking on a friday after work during a football game, but little did I know I was a full fledge alcoholic drowning my sorrows in the bottle.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

expectations and reality are 2 totally different things

9 wins isnt getting us a wild card

You're focused on wins. If we win the division which is realistic we make the playoffs.

We almost made it last year with 7 wins.

Win the division we are in.

12 minutes ago, GOAT said:

so when this same poo happens for the 28th season in a row during the regular season, is this rant valid?

Definitely but preseason doesn’t tell us anything. I’m giving them time to settle in but I wouldn't fault you for feeling this way during the regular season.

9 minutes ago, GOAT said:

holy cow, who would've thought the focus would be on a grown man drinking beer on a friday during a football game.

good to know we're only focusing on that rather than this shitty ass franchise.

The focus is the fact you are incapable to properly process preseason football. 

I'd hate to see what else you fail to properly process. 

That's a much bigger issue than any preseason game. 

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

You're focused on wins. If we win the division which is realistic we make the playoffs.

We almost made it last year with 7 wins.

Win the division we are in.

Last year was an aberration, not sure why you cannot understand that.

In the past decade the nfc south winner has won double digit games all but 2 times.   Last year and us in 2014.   There has never been a wild card team with single digit wins in 20 years.   So unless you truly think this team can win 11-12 games then I would not hold my breath on the playoffs.   I just hope to see progression and competency for this team and staff.  

In closing last year was a complete aberration and not anywhere close to the norm.