• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lions week news

Jackie Lee

1 hour ago, csx said:

Young starters are playing in the preseason finally league wide

Stroud is playing, 

Pickett expected to play

Richardson expected to play

Purdy expected to play

Lawrence expected to olay

Listen, I respect the endless, blind optimism that you and, more especially, @TheCasillas, espouses with every post. I don't know that he's on the Panthers' PR team -- I just know that he's even more optimistic than the most biased content they could possibly produce. And that's great.

But because a few teams do something, that doesn't make it smart. It means they're also opening themselves up to a major risk.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Listen, I respect the endless, blind optimism that you and, more especially, @TheCasillas, espouses with every post. I don't know that he's on the Panthers' PR team -- I just know that he's even more optimistic than the most biased content they could possibly produce. And that's great.

But because a few teams do something, that doesn't make it smart. It means they're also opening themselves up to a major risk.

scared money don't make no money. begone.

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It's not wishful thinking, but keep the passive-aggressiveness coming. It's great -- only thing is, nothing I said is inaccurate. I don't care if Reich is here for 20 years as long as he wins.

There's a wide berth between wishful thinking and willfully ignoring the possibility of something happening.

Your list is just your opinion, and a bad one at that. Don't try acting like it means anything.

7 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

What makes the last preseason game so meaningful to you?

Sarcasm is lost on some.

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Frank has said the he is getting a ton of reps in camp and in practice.  Now what that means towards his preparation I suppose will be seen when the games start to matter.  

I get the impression that the preseason is meaning as much to the coaches as it is the players.  I have to remind myself that most of these coaches have never worked together before.

Everyone is different. Cam got a crazy amount more than Bryce. He practiced too.  Even the best QBs in the NFL like Mahomes and Allen have gotten more to date.  Yet some see virtually nothing 

to an extent, I do wonder if his exposure has been dictated and cut short by the OLs play.   Whatever they wanted to test out hasn’t gone the best for the OL. 

I was at the first game.  Hell, I was sort of ready to sit Bryce after his first snap.  He got smashed on it. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

You can’t talk reason to these starry eyed children. Let them enjoy blind optimism before the real world crushes it out of them. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, csx said:

Being a pessimist without having any facts isn't reason.

The facts are this roster is flawed and there’s almost no depth at any position. History should tell you that’s not a recipe for success. We will see. 

22 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

vegas has us at 7.5 wins.  Thats facts

That number has a huge chance of changing as the season actually starts/progresses. It’s a complete guessing game right now. It’s basically 1 away from the median which tells me they are unsure, but leaning toward some growing pains.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That number has a huge chance of changing as the season actually starts/progresses. It’s a complete guessing game right now. It’s basically 1 away from the median which tells me they are unsure, but leaning toward some growing pains.

vegas doesnt guess, its based on facts and metrics, they have been pretty spot on in regards to us for the past 3ish years.   So I keep telling all the guys that think we are winning the south put your money where your mouth is, its right there, 7 wins

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

It looks like the top 3 picks plus last year’s only first round QB plus the top pick from 2 years ago.
Most teams played their starters during the 3rd game back when it was a 4 game preseason. The risk of injury remains the same.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

vegas doesnt guess, its based on facts and metrics, they have been pretty spot on in regards to us for the past 3ish years.   So I keep telling all the guys that think we are winning the south put your money where your mouth is, its right there, 7 wins

So we are guaranteed to win 7.5 games? Vegas had Stroud as our top pick until several weeks before the draft. There is definitely SOME guessing involved based on what limited data they have. We have a new staff, new offense, new defense, and new QB. Chances are there will be some struggles, but guessing where we finish is definitely a tough task at the moment. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

What makes the last preseason game so meaningful to you?

NONE of the preseason games are meaningful. By your reasoning he shouldn’t play in ANY preseason game. You have failed to provide any reason why this last one should be treated differently than the others. There are 16 days between the final pre season game and the first regular season game. If he gets injured he can’t play…no poo. If he gets a season ending injury in the first pre season game he can’t play either. There’s only 3 games now instead of 4. The third game used to be the dress rehearsal and then the starters sat in the 4th game. You remove the 4th game and what do you have…3rd game is still the dress rehearsal you just cut the 4th game that nobody was using.

• Beer 1