• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms on Bryce Young

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, GoPanthersGoo said:

I'm just ready for Bryce to fail miserably so we can get Superman up in this bitch to save the day and bring excitement back to the Panthers because trading a ransom for Bryce Bitch isn't very exciting

Bye again...

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's not exactly wrong. Now with that said, there's a very small sample size and the OL has been atrocious. So I'm not exactly panicking yet but I also haven't seen anything to get excited about yet either. So yeah, I get where he's coming from here.

It really is giving me flashbacks to last year before Wilks came in and we started to really run the ball well. If this staff wants to throw 35 times a game, or run from the shotgun 20 times a game, we are screwed. This line is best when road grading. 

21 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Bye again...

I'm sort of with him on the trade. If the goal isn't to make a playoff push throughout Bryce's rookie contract, why would we give up a future 1st to draft him? Teams trade 1st rounders to win now, not win tomorrow. So if we are terrible this season and we end up with a Top 5 pick, that pick now belongs to a conference rival with their Franchise QB, a number one wide receiver, D'Onta Foreman, and some good defensive pieces. 

I don't mind the urgency here but it's like we are playing checkers while looking for QB1 and it's been that way since Tepper bought the team. He knows that QB1 sells, period. It's a pie graph to him.

We will see if it pays off but I have a feeling it won't be until Year 4 when we should have had enough time to build a core of talent but at that point, will Tepper show any patience?

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Chris SImms is correct Bryce Young is a massive juicy delicious bust  

Based on what data? Why not let the guy play a season before you call him good or bad. BTW, Simms never said he was bad. He said he wouldn't have taken a guy his size #1 overall.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Yes. 58.3 completion % 56 total yards and 0 touchdowns= bad. I attribute most of that to the oline and receivers though. When we give him a pocket, he has looked good. He's going to be running for his life and taking some big hits this year.

Stats lie, they don’t have anything to do with how he’s looked. Bryce has played well within the structure of what he’s being given.  He has looked good, but the offense hasn’t so much. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

It's why I still think AR was the guy we should've taken because his physical traits and abilities will allow him to win games while he figures out the passing aspect - I take that guy 10 times out of 10 over any other rotation when picking a QB, and I've said that for years, not just in regards to Bryce.

But again, I withhold my judgement and hope for the best.  I really hope Reich, McCown, and Fitt didn't outsmart themselves with this pick.  Hoping for the best, but his limitations are obvious and become even more glaring if the OL plays like ass.  He needs everyone around him to play well to excel, while other QBs that were available to us do not.

Take the guy that wasn’t good in college…at some point the tape has to matter and not a soul can defend AR’s tape. He’s going to struggle a lot for at least two years. 

Bryce was head and shoulders above this QB class if you watch college football it was pretty clear all year long. 

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I think that was actually Al Wallace.  But @Mr. Scotmight know as his memory is much better than mine.

It was Al Wallace and the tough motherfuger played through it.

It's an odd thing to criticise him for - hate his opinions all you want, but I guarantee everyone else on this board would have curled up in the foetal position with a ruptured spleen.

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Yes. 58.3 completion % 56 total yards and 0 touchdowns= bad. I attribute most of that to the oline and receivers though. When we give him a pocket, he has looked good. He's going to be running for his life and taking some big hits this year.

I was going to say, people are cherry picking certain throws if they think Young has looked good this pre-season.

He's barely been able to move the ball. It's a long season, so we'll see what happens, but the jury is definitely out right now.

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

It was Al Wallace and the tough motherfuger played through it.

It's an odd thing to criticise him for - hate his opinions all you want, but I guarantee everyone else on this board would have curled up in the foetal position with a ruptured spleen.

It seemed like people were saying he probably isn’t a fan of Carolina because of that plus being a former divisional rival. No one is criticizing him for getting hurt. 

My thing is according to everybody on here Bryce was able to succeed even when not having a great supporting cast so that was a big plus for drafting him (over stroud). But we havent even made it to the the regular season yet and now the narrative has changed to him not having enough around him to succeed. Coaching, o line, receivers is already being questioned and we havent even finished pre season. Bryce has yet to even throw over 30 yards or a TD but everybody else is under the microscope? Just the other week people were commenting how much stroud would struggle because the texans don't have enough to make things easier like he had at ohio state but now its nothing but debates of how Bryce doesn't have everything under the sun just to be competent when you generally think a number 1 pick should be able to elevate others around him...atleast thats how you thought it was.  Its crazy how fast the wind changes, at this rate we need to see a lot come week 1 to get a read on this season. Just saw a poll where bryce barely cracked top 10 in most impressive rookie qbs so far. You can sugar coat all you want but this the first pick and the flashes just havent been there yet.