• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What to make of Ickey?

Jackofalltrades

People will look at the sack and say “OMG ICKEY AGAIN?!?!?!” But honestly I think that was a coverage sack and that Bryce probably could’ve gotten that ball thrown away a little sooner. 

From what I saw today I thought Ickey genuinely played well for the majority of the time he was out there. Yeah, the sack happened however I think that was definitely more of a coverage sack than an indictment on Ickey.

On to the regular season lol. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

People will look at the sack and say “OMG ICKEY AGAIN?!?!?!” But honestly I think that was a coverage sack and that Bryce probably could’ve gotten that ball thrown away a little sooner. 

From what I saw today I thought Ickey genuinely played well for the majority of the time he was out there. Yeah, the sack happened however I think that was definitely more of a coverage sack than an indictment on Ickey.

On to the regular season lol. 

People are making it out to be a lot worse than it is. He is a talented LT but I think he is playing way out of scheme in this offense. 

3 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

People are making it out to be a lot worse than it is. He is a talented LT but I think he is playing way out of scheme in this offense. 

I think that’s a fair thing to question, I just think he’s way too talented to not figure it out. I feel like towards the end of the season we’ll be speaking of him glowingly. 

I think it’s really weird how 3 preseason games has completely flipped how people think of a guy who was getting praised for the majority of last season. 

Granted, I wasn’t on this board until this off-season so this might be a normal thing on here or maybe he was questioned more on this board but…..yeah. The way perspectives have flipped on players and just the overreactions to stuff in general these past few weeks have been really weird to watch. 

• Pie 5

3 hours ago, BlackPanther22 said:

I think it’s really weird how 3 preseason games has completely flipped how people think of a guy who was getting praised for the majority of last season. 

Granted, I wasn’t on this board until this off-season so this might be a normal thing on here or maybe he was questioned more on this board but…..yeah. The way perspectives have flipped on players and just the overreactions to stuff in general these past few weeks have been really weird to watch. 

This board is always very cynical don’t you worry. There will never be a player everyone likes and believes in. Maybe Luke but that’s it. 

• Pie 1