• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting QB

scratched

9 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

You should go back to not posting at all. 

Of course, that's always the answer for some of you guys on here.  Everybody has to feel the same way y'all do. Guess what, it don't work that way with me. I guess a few of y'all can make new topics, and the rest of us should just sit back and read? Most of y'all didn't want Reich either! So your opinion means nothing to me, I'm old enough to have my own. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, scratched said:

All yall keep riding the "its only preseason" wave. Our OL consistency and depth is a HUGE problem. I never once said I didn't think Young was capable of being a starting caliber QB, or quite possibly a franchise type QB. All I said was I think we went QB a year to early. Time will tell... 

Let's try to at least wait September out until we begin saying that our O-line consistency and depth are "HUGE" problems. Hell, I'd say give it four or five games. Ickey is still very young, as are a few of the guys, and, like it or not, it takes time to knock the rust off. 

And you would have been front and center doing it. Just because I don't post a lot doesn't mean I don't pay attention. 

Not posting a lot apparently means you don't know much about me.

I'm never a big reactor to preseason. Heck, I've actually been criticized for it 😄

I haven't seen enough from Bryce to be worried. I haven't seen anything to be excited about either. I have seen enough from the OL to be concerned though. They've looked awful. We'll see what the staff and team has up their sleeves once the regular season starts. I'm concerned but far from losing hope.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Well said. Corral is a cheap developmental QB who has some potential.  Best case scenario is they both turn out great and we flip the lesser for some good picks. 

But, yesterday all the Huddle experts were telling us that Corall is not worth keeping at all. They used how badly he looked in the first game but basically ignored how well he played in the second one. Typical for the Huddle. Most only want to discuss their agendas not others.

Man, if Bryce plays well tonight things could get ugly real quick. I can't wait.

4 hours ago, scratched said:

SO we drafted our QB of the future, like some of yall wanted. After a few preseason games are any of you worried we picked the wrong QB? Or do any of you guys think we should have kept what we had and drafted help to protect a QB? I will say, I like Young as a QB, but I truly believe we drafted a QB 1 year too early. Hopefully I end being wrong, but we had other positions to sure up before QB. And so far, the OL is getting our QBs killed! Same problem we have had the last several years is still looking like a problem. THOUGHTS? 

I think we should've traded down and drafted guys like Zach Charbonnet, O'Cyrus Torrance, and Dorian Thompson-Robinson. But what do I know?

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I think we should've traded down and drafted guys like Zach Charbonnet, O'Cyrus Torrance, and Dorian Thompson-Robinson. But what do I know?

I agree about trading down. I was a believer in guys like Hooker, Darnell Washington or Tank Bigsby around the 3rd rd. 

1 hour ago, Asaria said:

Mods need to start locking these dumbass threads, we have thousands others to complain in.

Why do they need to be locked? Any criticism of Bryce gets you a one week ban. Now you can't even criticize the decision to trade up in the first place? Cheese and rice man, what a time to be alive. 

• Beer 1

I agree about trading down. I was a believer in guys like Hooker, Darnell Washington or Tank Bigsby around the 3rd rd. 

Pairing Hurst with a guy like Washington, to go along with Charbonnet at running back and his college teammate in DTR (5th round pick btw), at QB behind a road grading offensive line would've been nasty. Add in a guy like Mingo who should, with his size, be a blocking god and you'd have one hell of a running football team.

But, Tepper wants to throw the ball. Too bad we don't have the team to do that right now. 

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Yeah, let's revert back to a running team and be like Atl. Maybe we can fight each other for last place. 

We finally have a team ready to join the modern NFL, and now we have fans wanting to return to the running game?  Hot damm I love this place I tell ya what.

We beat the Detroit Lions last year with a punishing running game and a road grading offensive line. We had the Bucs on the ropes. The only reason we even went .500 to close the season was because Wilks made a concerted decision to protect the offensive line and run the football using D'Onta Foreman and pass off of the play action opportunities that created. 

So yes, call me old fashioned but when you have lemons, you make lemonade. Our offensive line isn't built to drop back 40 times a game or pass protect from the shotgun 60% of the time like the Cardinals have been doing with Kyler. 

Perhaps you don't remember but our offensive line was a "strong point" coming into the season because of what we saw last year. What no one, including the pundits, took into account was that we went from a true West Coast offense to what effectively was a Power I situation mid-season which made the offensive line seem much better than it was at pass protection. Now we go back to a pass heavy West Coast look and we get the same poo we saw early on in 2022. 

In effect, we have lemons but need to make chili. Sure, you want it a little spicy, but you ain't got the ingredients. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1