• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer setting low expectations.

Tbe

1 minute ago, thunderraiden said:

I think if our schedule was hard it wouldn't be realistic, but it is honestly just so soft after the bye, like I was just saying, we have Houston, Indy, Chicago, Tennessee, Tampa. we could easily be .500 by just beating garbage teams and stealing one win when we enter December. And from there we have our run game, defense, and talented rookie with another college football season of time under his belt.

Noted and we have discussed and acknowledged that.  However there is also a possibility that we go into the bye something like 1-5, 0-6.  That would be tough to turn around.  No true easy games before the bye

I see it as the exact opposite........Panthers will start out strong and do well through through the first half of the year and fall flat through the balance of the season lucky to end up even. 

Reasons?

Simple.........the wear and tear of injuries.............and no depth with the offensive line is really going to bit them in the ass. 

That is the reality of the situation.

• Poo 1

here's the thing about this season, yes we have a brand new coaching staff and a lot of new young players that's going to take some time to develop 

but, our division is trash and our schedule is somewhat manageable

we don't have a first round pick next year, so our goal should at least try to win the division and build from there

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

The coaches, the players, the team wants to win now, but their keeping their expectations realistic, with hopes of exceeding them. Can't ask them for more then that, no.matter how we personally feel. 

It's just reality. When you have to blow an already mediocre team up to rid it of years of bad coaching, player development and drafting, what do you think is going to happen? 

No amount of pumping themselves to think they are SB bound is going to overcome that. 

I laugh when I here that "this team almost made the playoffs last season so thay better this season or everyone needs to go".  Fool, that's what they just did.

Fans are not known for patience, but that's what they are gonna need this season.  You cannot turn a turd into a diamond necklace overnight. 

Be Patient Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Beer 1

They are basically raw--either unfamiliar with the scheme, each other, or the NFL.

Offense: could have 3 rookies starting (Zavala, Young, Mingo) along with Chark, Theilen, Sanders, and Hurst (4)--meaning that as many as seven *(7) starting offense is new from 2022.

Defense:  Tuttle, Brown, Bell, Houston, and Woods (5) are starting newcomers

In other words, over HALF of the STARTERS from 2022 are new to the Panthers, as is the coaching staff.

We really do not know what we have.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's just reality. When you have to blow an already mediocre team up to rid it of years of bad coaching, player development and drafting, what do you think is going to happen? 

No amount of pumping themselves to think they are SB bound is going to overcome that. 

I laugh when I here that "this team almost made the playoffs last season so thay better this season or everyone needs to go".  Fool, that's what they just did.

Fans are not known for patience, but that's what they are gonna need this season.  You cannot turn a turd into a diamond necklace overnight. 

Be Patient Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

This too, shall pass. 

• Beer 1