• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is the best team in our division?

Jmac

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

We've been saying this for 10 years and it's not been true yet. The salary cap is a farce for them and it's time people give their GM some credit for manipulating low cap space into a decent team, year in and year out.

Carr is also a lot better than Panthers fans give him credit for.

In fairness, they had Drew Brees for most of those years.  That compensated for a lot of the issues.  And I do think it was true last year. They were not a decent team. But the rest of the division was so bad that no one noticed.  

On 8/31/2023 at 11:08 AM, SaltAndPepper said:

Falcons.

I will never trust Dennis Allen with my life. It overjoys me that we get two free wins because of that atrocious bum. 

The Panthers have had the Saints number even before Dennis Allen.  The real question would be how many teams outside of division can the Panthers beat?

I think the order will be: Panthers, saints, Falcons, Bucs .  The bucks will be a wild card this year.

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Green-Ghost said:

The Panthers have had the Saints number even before Dennis Allen.  The real question would be how many teams outside of division can the Panthers beat?

I think the order will be: Panthers, saints, Falcons, Bucs .  The bucks will be a wild card this year.

This is what I like to hear!

Belief that we can win this division. 

29 minutes ago, Smithers said:

All I’ve heard from the Huddle the last 8 years is that you can’t be successful without a stud QB.  If that’s the case, we are better than the other 3.  I’ll take a rookie Bryce Young all day long over Carr, who can’t connect in the red zone to save his life.  

Id probably take a 2024 Young over Carr, but there is no way you can argue as we sit here today that Young is better now.

Roughly half of our roster has been turned over.  Its going to take some time. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

35 minutes ago, Smithers said:

All I’ve heard from the Huddle the last 8 years is that you can’t be successful without a stud QB.  If that’s the case, we are better than the other 3.  I’ll take a rookie Bryce Young all day long over Carr, who can’t connect in the red zone to save his life.  

I think what is on most minds is that rookie qbs always seem to go through some period of struggle. Maybe they hit a physical wall, going from 12 games to 17+preseason, or the expectations start to creep in, and the game is just different from the college game and it takes an adjustment period.

Hard to say in the post-Brady era. The early favorite for me would be the Saints as they have a proven defense and a solid veteran QB; they could be held back by coaching though. 

Coaching: Panthers > Falcons > Bucs & Saints

Offense: Saints > Falcons > Panthers > Bucs

QB: Saints > Panthers & Falcons > Bucs
Pass Catchers: Bucs > Saints > Falcons & Panthers
Ball Carriers: Panthers & Falcons > Bucs & Saints
O-line: Falcons > Panthers & Bucs > Saints

Defense: Saints > Panthers > Bucs > Falcons

Pass Rush: Saints > Panthers & Bucs > Falcons
Secondary: Saints & Panthers > Bucs & Falcons

Special Teams: Panthers > Bucs > Falcons & Saints

Edited by Evil Hurney

8 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Id probably take a 2024 Young over Carr, but there is no way you can argue as we sit here today that Young is better now.

Roughly half of our roster has been turned over.  Its going to take some time. 

I dont necessarily like your statement but I certainly cant disagree with it as Bryce as of tonight is unproven with a great potential. Unfortunately I have a feeling second year Bryce may be very good but first year Bryce may have to get some on the job experience and confidence under his belt. Its not being negative or a knock on him at all, its just cautious optimism. I mean look at Trevor Lawrence. He looked so much better his second season and many others have as well.

7 hours ago, Evil Hurney said:

Hard to say in the post-Brady era. The early favorite for me would be the Saints as they have a proven defense and a solid veteran QB; they could be held back by coaching though. 

Coaching: Panthers > Falcons > Bucs & Saints

Offense: Saints > Falcons > Panthers > Bucs

QB: Saints > Panthers & Falcons > Bucs
Pass Catchers: Bucs > Saints > Falcons & Panthers
Ball Carriers: Panthers & Falcons > Bucs & Saints
O-line: Falcons > Panthers & Bucs > Saints

Defense: Saints > Panthers > Bucs > Falcons

Pass Rush: Saints > Panthers & Bucs > Falcons
Secondary: Saints & Panthers > Bucs & Falcons

Special Teams: Panthers > Bucs > Falcons & Saints

Panthers>Falcons>Saints>Bucs

Hangover-math GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Literally any team in the NFCSouth could be the best or the worst this season.

There is just no way to tell. The whole division just had the Etch-A-Sketch shake happen and it is all being drawn again new.

Agreed, so i guess im going the optimistic approach and say we will get lucky and be the best. Im not saying we will be great, im just saying we finish top in our division somehow though I feel that it will take some luck, some last minutes plays pulled out or a$$ and some balls to be tipped our way but I saw it happens for us this year. We arent winning a superbowl but we have enough in us to take this volatile and unpredictable division that nobody is going to dominate because nobody is great or a clear front runner.

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, Green-Ghost said:

Sweet! So all of us will be in the playoffs! 😜