• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

30 million a year gonna do it?

Jmac

Since Bosa set the rate for a top notch pass rusher at 34 million a year. Burns is not at that level yet and may never be.

If Burns demands 30 million a year, should they give to him or not?

If his agent won't move off that amount, what should they do?

Force his hand and try to tag him?

What do u think?

It’s not going to hurt anyone or even the cap make it happen let trying to tell the team what to pay our best Pass rusher he might not be Bosa but he’s our key DE pay him and move on the cap will work itself out in the future. A deep playoff run would recoup whatever extra funds we kick out on concessions and tickets we got a lot of rookie deals still we’re ok to pay our DE 30 a year for now get 3 years of good work out of him trade or restructure the contract after that if he hasn’t performed up to standards.

• Flames 1

I'm fine giving him 30 as it won't be bad in a couple years when a bunch of other contracts pass it up.

But if he's asking for more than that, he's being stubborn and ridiculous and I'd just rather trade him right now to say the Raiders for a First and Adams or a First, Second, and Jones.

I want him here and am fine paying him to stay, but it's gotta get done before the season starts (or at worst after week 1 or 2).  We can't have him sitting out and we can't risk him having a crazy season and then needing to pay him above Bosa's deal next spring, neither of those are acceptable for me.

Edited by tukafan21

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I'm fine giving him 30 as it won't be bad in a couple years when a bunch of other contracts pass it up.

But if he's asking for more than that, he's being stubborn and ridiculous and I'd just rather trade him right now to say the Raiders for a First and Adams or a First, Second, and Jones.

I want him here and am fine paying him to stay, but it's gotta get done before the season starts (or at worst after week 1 or 2).  We can't have him sitting out and we can't risk him having a crazy season and then needing to pay him above Bosa's deal next spring, neither of those are acceptable for me.

How have you been disagreeing with me all this time when I been saying 28-30mil was a realistic offer...

It's okay to agree with me buddy.

26 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

How have you been disagreeing with me all this time when I been saying 28-30mil was a realistic offer...

It's okay to agree with me buddy.

Yet again, I ask... do you even actually read my posts or do you just see it's me, quote it and spew randomness?

I literally said that to you last night, that we agree on paying him but that it's ridiculous to use the "players need to feed their families" argument when defending them holding out.  But you kept quoting me and arguing random stuff that I wasn't saying.

Go re-read the posts from last night, or even any post of mine on the Burns contract matter.  The entire time I've been saying to just pay the man what he wants as we lost all leverage by turning down the 2 firsts and we can't afford to lose him or let him play the year out and risk needing to give him the biggest contract ever next spring.

Here's the post where you argued with me about something I wasn't saying and where I directly quoted both of us saying the same thing, but somehow you couldn't realize it...

Edited by tukafan21
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Yet again, I ask... do you even actually read my posts or do you just see it's me, quote it and spew randomness?

I literally said that to you last night, that we agree on paying him but that it's ridiculous to use the "players need to feed their families" argument when defending them holding out.  But you kept quoting me and arguing random stuff that I wasn't saying.

Go re-read the posts from last night, or even any post of mine on the Burns contract matter.  The entire time I've been saying to just pay the man what he wants as we lost all leverage by turning down the 2 firsts and we can't afford to lose him or let him play the year out and risk needing to give him the biggest contract ever next spring.

Here's the post where you argued with me about something I wasn't saying and where I directly quoted both of us saying the same thing, but somehow you couldn't realize it...

I apologize friend. 

Here's a beer on me!

• Beer 1