• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Division Opponents are all Undefeated.

11 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Glass half full. I could respect it if the Panthers were actually a competitive franchise over the past 3 decades.

I wouldn't call it half full, I just don't take the first month of the NFL as gospel, let alone the first game. With the limited practices and off-season time teams have these days, things look completely different from week 1 to week 5.

If we came out and stomped Atlanta my expectations would be tempered the other way.

This is a completely new coaching staff with a new complicated offensive scheme, and receivers who aren't very good at getting separation.

Ive been saying for months that if we look good, it won't be until the second half of the season so we played about up to my expectations today? I'm not sweating it though. Everyone else seems to have the unrealistic expectations/overreactions.

I'm not worried about it until we look like complete poo into late October 

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I wouldn't call it half full, I just don't take the first month of the NFL as gospel, let alone the first game. With the limited practices and off-season time teams have these days, things look completely different from week 1 to week 5.

If we came out and stomped Atlanta my expectations would be tempered the other way.

This is a completely new coaching staff with a new complicated offensive scheme, and receivers who aren't very good at getting separation.

Ive been saying for months that if we look good, it won't be until the second half of the season so we played about up to my expectations today? I'm not sweating it though. Everyone else seems to have the unrealistic expectations/overreactions.

I'm not worried about it until we look like complete poo into late October 

This is purely a conversational and reactionary thread. You are using too much logic. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im not even sure what we are playing for this year. We clearly lack talent on offense. We don't own our 1st.

I guess the growth and development of Bryce is why we watch the games this year. Not gonna lie I lose interest in the team if it gets real bad. I remember not even watching games anymore under Rhule.

Hopefully they at least be competitive this year.

Uh, experience. Don't underestimate it.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im not even sure what we are playing for this year. We clearly lack talent on offense. We don't own our 1st.

I guess the growth and development of Bryce is why we watch the games this year. Not gonna lie I lose interest in the team if it gets real bad. I remember not even watching games anymore under Rhule.

Hopefully they at least be competitive this year.

I just want to actually watch a top 5 offense for once. If we are going to lose a lot, at least be entertaining. Close games, big scores, flashy plays, fuggin something. We can't even get that. We've had the most lethargic, boring offense for 5 years now.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Oops. Ridelelelerler actually passed for over 100. Almost caught Young. 

Ridder led 2 drives that resulted in 4Q TDs. He racked up the elusive GWD. He is the better QB. Young will have to prove himself at some point.

Young may be the worst QB in the NFC South. We will see when he matches up against Mayfield.

The two #1 picks (Mayfield, Young) are the worst in the division. A 2nd and 3rd round QB are better. Who would have ever thought that?

Just now, CPantherKing said:

Ridder led 2 drives that resulted in 4Q TDs. He racked up the elusive GWD. He is the better QB. Young will have to prove himself at some point.

Young may be the worst QB in the NFC South. We will see when he matches up against Mayfield.

The two #1 picks (Mayfield, Young) are the worst in the division. A 2nd and 3rd round QB are better. Who would have ever thought that?

Actually, you're drawing conclusions after one game. But, to answer your question, most analysts (if not all of them) understand that Bryce is a rookie. Likewise, most analysts picked the Saints to win the division, and the nine-year vet Carr is a big reason for that. 

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah the experience under the Tepper era has been fantastic.

Gotta love the experience!

If you think that experience doesn't mean anything to young NFL players and coaches in new positions with more authority, I don't think you'll ever understand the dynamics of professional football, and team building in general.

Edited by top dawg

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

If you think that experience doesn't mean anything to young NFL players, I don't think you'll ever understand the dynamics of professional football, and team building in general.

Did you not see me mention the growth and development of Bryce Young in the post above?

Calm down Top Dawg!

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Did you not see me mention the growth and development of Bryce Young in the post above?

Calm down Top Dawg!

You're the one who pooed my post talking about experience. You're also the one who began talking about experience as a fan (and other things like equating Young to Pickles). I think you're the one that needs to sit down, have a drink, and calm down.

• Beer 1