• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What magic can we pull to find a receiver?

RIPTreyLance

3 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

We don’t have the resources to trade for a guy like Higgins in a season like this. Best you can do is see how these guys develop and/or mix in some guys on the PS or street to see if you can find a gem or improve their skill set.

Problem is, by Week 4, these lousy receivers are still gonna be "NFL open" to some, and Bryce's lack of success is gonna have them pining for Andy Dalton (at least one already is). I figured he wasn't allowed to have a rookie year but hell, he wasn't even given a rookie half.

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Problem is, by Week 4, these lousy receivers are still gonna be "NFL open" to some, and Bryce's lack of success is gonna have them pining for Andy Dalton (at least one already is). I figured he wasn't allowed to have a rookie year but hell, he wasn't even given a rookie half.

The odds of Dalton going in for Bryce are so slim without Bryce getting injured though. Those people pining are wasting breath. Does Dalton give us a better chance to win today? Maybe.  In a year? No.

My fear is losing Bryce to injury at some point this year and Dalton balling out and having to listen to that garbage 

15 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

We don’t have the resources to trade for a guy like Higgins in a season like this. Best you can do is see how these guys develop and/or mix in some guys on the PS or street to see if you can find a gem or improve their skill set.

I’m not really sure if receivers are the problem. Frank had guys running the same level routes the whole game. Case in to point was the end of the game where Sanders and Thielen ran the same route and collided out of bounds. 

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Oh good grief. Anyone pining for The Red Rifle can't be taken seriously.

10 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

The odds of Dalton going in for Bryce are so slim without Bryce getting injured though. Those people pining are wasting breath. Does Dalton give us a better chance to win today? Maybe.  In a year? No.

My fear is losing Bryce to injury at some point this year and Dalton balling out and having to listen to that garbage 

I'm not too afraid of Dalton balling out. If he couldn't hit guys against the Lions' third-stringers, when Bryce was looking like an All-Pro against their backups, he's probably not an upgrade. But he's a good mentor.

2 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I’m not really sure if receivers are the problem. Frank had guys running the same level routes the whole game. Case in to point was the end of the game where Sanders and Thielen ran the same route and collided out of bounds. 

Yeah his route concepts were garbage. I rewatched parts of the game and I only seen a receiver go deeper than 15 yards 2-3 times. It’s the same mesh routes over and over.

On one play in the 3Q he had dig/drag on both sides at the same level and everyone just kinda collided in the middle.

19 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Julio Jones and Jarvis Landry are available 

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

Jarvis would be just a duplicate of Thielen in what he'd bring, but I would not be against signing Julio to give Bryce a big target on the outside.

I don't normally overreact too much in week 1, but I might already be done with TMJ, he was really disappointing today at a time he had a chance to really step up without Chark and show what he can do.

Edited by tukafan21

For a rookie with what he has around him, I thought Young looked pretty good in the first half. Completed two-thirds of his passes and bounced back from a pick to throw a TD pass.

I'd give him a B for the first half and probably a C- for the second half. Not all his fault because the receivers were useless, but the missed deep ball made me cringe. Need some good momentum sometime, but realistically, next week's not likely that time. This whole board was patient with Matt Rhule for one and a half seasons. I'm gonna give Young more than 3 games.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Growl said:

this team has got to find a tyreek hill type player 

There are no Tyreek Hill type of players, he really is a 1 of 1 that this league has never seen before at WR.

Was talking with my friends the other night about what Barry Sanders would be in today's game with his size, speed, and style of play.  It occurred to me that he probably wouldn't be an RB in today's game, with his skill set, he'd be a WR and dominate like Tyreek does and be a unicorn type of talent.

Edited by tukafan21

Just now, tukafan21 said:

There are no Tyreek Hill type of players, he really is a 1 of 1 that this league has never seen before at WR.

Was talking with my friends the other night about what Barry Sanders would be in today's game with his size, speed, and style of play.  It occurred to me that he probably wouldn't be an RB in today's game, with his skill set, he'd be a WR and dominate like Tyreek does and be a unicorn type of talent.

yeah but I mean jaylen waddle or Jameson William type players are out there and that would be good enough for me 

we have got to go find a Dynamo 

• Pie 3