• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say this Bryce thing doesn't work out... how far back is the Franchise set?

TheBigKat

8 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Williams has more red flags than a hurricane warning in Florida. He is already planting the seed that he will go back to USC if he is gonna be drafted by a team he doesn’t want to play for 

What would his red flags be and why is he universally considered the top prospect over Maye in this draft?  

To answer the chicken little question, we're honestly not in horrible shape long term. 

We don't have a first in 2024, but have it in 2025. Realistically speaking we will know if Bryce is that dude by the end of next season heading into the 2025 draft where we can then re-evaluate and take another QB if necessary. 

We aren't in horrible long term shape, just mid short term shape in terms of draft assets due to the lack of first round pick next draft.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Peyton's arm wasn't elite but it was good. Better than Bryce's. Don't let the old frankenneck version make you forget.

I'm not sure it was.  He had average to below average NFL arm strength (good not great is a common term used).  That's about where Bryce is IMO.  They are both rhythm throwers who have elite accuracy and throw to where the WRs are going to be before they are there.  It makes for some bad misses when the wrong routes are ran, but is a thing of beauty when it's firing on all cylinders.  Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison Sr were elite route runners which paired perfect with Peyton's arm/style.  

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm not sure it was.  He had average to below average NFL arm strength (good not great is a common term used).  That's about where Bryce is IMO.  They are both rhythm throwers who have elite accuracy and throw to where the WRs are going to be before they are there.  It makes for some bad misses when the wrong routes are ran, but is a thing of beauty when it's firing on all cylinders.  Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison Sr were elite route runners which paired perfect with Peyton's arm/style.  

This ^^
BY arm is comparable to the Mannings, Brady, Brees and Matt Ryan.. Above Avg not Holitzer arms..  Some ppl want to act like he is Chad Pennington or something.. His arm is actually comparable to Russell Wilson.:

40 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

The craziest part of this sub is that the Falcon fans at the game were honestly all very favorable about how Young looked, almost everyone agreed he looks like he will be the best QB in the division after some time to get used to the NFL. If you go and look at his picks the safety is just jumping the routes, thats an easy fix. Call better game plans during the game or look off the safety.

He looked like Teddy light to me but there are 16 more to go. 

All I do know is that tickets are not selling and I am very interested to see what the home crowd looks like this week. It's been really bad in Pantherland and this was not a game to improve the mood. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Haven’t we been saying that almost every year since Cam left?

No, just the past couple.  I was willing to see the Darnold experiment, at least year one, through.  What I have been harping on for the past several drafts was OT (check--Ickey) Safety (Chinn?) and TE.  Add WR to that list now along with edge rusher.  With the M*A*S*H unit at corner, might as well get some insurance there too.

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think a lot of folks don't recall Manning in his prime because of how diminished he was at the end. 

• Pie 1

I have faith that Bryce will have an above average to good career. The only thing that concerns me is the durability which remains to be seen.

I do NOT have faith that he is going to have the right people around him. 

But for sake of argument say that by year 3 he is not going to be a franchise QB. It will have put us behind around 5 years. A year for the lost draft capital. 2 years for finding and developing a true number 1 WR, and then probably another 2 years to take a swing at developing another QB out of the draft unless we have a shot at one in FA 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, recceice said:

This ^^
BY arm is comparable to the Mannings, Brady, Brees and Matt Ryan.. Above Avg not Holitzer arms..  Some ppl want to act like he is Chad Pennington or something.. His arm is actually comparable to Russell Wilson.:

nah, get Wilson out of that convo. Young and Wilson don't have comparable arms coming into the NFL.  

• Flames 1