• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Against Atlanta

Cdparr7

3 Lowest on Offense

-Young 31.4

-Sanders 47.7

-Thielen 53.9

3 Highest on Offense

-Hubbard 82.1

-Hurst 70.8

-Bozeman 68.6

3 Lowest on Defense

-DeShawn Williams 30.8
-Vonn Bell 38.4

-CJ Henderson 48.9

3 Highest on Defense

-Xavier Woods 69.5

-Derrick Brown 68.4

-Brian Burns 68.0

• Pie 1

It still boggles my mind we signed Vonn Bell over Bates.

Young's rating is more along the lines of what I expected from what I saw versus the revisionist hype a lot of people are pushing after the fact.  It was bad.

And I really liked the Thielen signing when it was made, but man...  it's starting to feel like the more data we get on him, the less I like it.  I hope he turns it around. 

• Beer 2

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Young's rating is more along the lines of what I expected from what I saw versus the revisionist hype a lot of people are pushing after the fact.  It was bad.

And I really liked the Thielen signing when it wad made, but man...  it's starting to feel like the more data we get on him, the less I like it.  I hope he turns it around. 

The young grade is kind of bullshit, IMO. Receivers didn't get separation at all. The first pick was more a bad route by hurst than a bad read/throw by Bryce. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

The young grade is kind of bullshit, IMO. Receivers didn't get separation at all. The first pick was more a bad route by hurst than a bad read/throw by Bryce. 

Well, I do also add the caveat that, as we know, PFF grades are kind of subjective bullshit.  But QBs are a little easier to evaluate than a lot of the other positions.  TBH, the whole offense looked a mess in respect to the passing game.  I was actually really surprised by how little we used compressed sets/route combos to free up guys by design.  I expected so much more of that compared to what we've seen the last 3 years, but alas, it looked very much the same dysfunctional mess.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

WRs weren't perfect but Young missed some throws when they did get separation and especially Mingo on that bomb where he beat the coverage by a couple steps.  

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

its bad man. I have some All-22 stuff coming. Im a bit deflated at the moment, but I have to give Bryce a bit of a leash since he is a rookie. However, it's Darnold bad.

• Pie 5

19 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

its bad man. I have some All-22 stuff coming. Im a bit deflated at the moment, but I have to give Bryce a bit of a leash since he is a rookie. However, it's Darnold bad.

I always appreciate the work and insight you share, brother...  I've been getting a ton of flack for my "takes" after the game on Bryce, but it amazes me how people blind themselves from objective observations based on their desired outcome.  Bryce just did not look or play good.  And again, for someone who was touted as a super processor, and that being the trait they really felt put him over the top compared to AR, what I saw Sunday was about as big of a letdown as I could've expected, even with reasonable expectations going in.

I look forward to it.

• Pie 4

42 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I mean they aren't really comparable at all lol Bates got like 3x as much guaranteed and twice as much per year as Bell, wasn't like we chose 1 over the other, we were never in the market for a top paid safety

• Pie 2