• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Vibes

WarHeel

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean, this frankly sounds like something Matt Rhule spews out.  Bijan Robinson also broke the rules of running on that TD.  He wasn't supposed to juke people out.  If he would have just run freaking straight the guys would have made the play. 

The Falcons D was playing to jump the routes over the middle because they believed that is what Frank/Bryce would be doing.  That's football.  And it's frankly predictable.  Most knew and projected going in Frank/Bryce would keep it short and in front of the safeties.  That's not breaking the rules.  That's just good defense. 

I’d be careful judging that statement without the full context. 

Also, I think some of this is extending grace to your rookie quarterback, and taking ownership of those picks as a the head coach. 

That’s not Rhule-ian at all. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean, okay I guess but this all star staff has only been coaching him since may so maybe they might have brought that up before the first game.   This is the nfl players make plays.  Just reads like an excuse but like I said I will listen to the presser in about 15 for better clarity.

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

What does this mean

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean, this frankly sounds like something Matt Rhule spews out.  Bijan Robinson also broke the rules of running on that TD.  He wasn't supposed to juke people out.  If he would have just run freaking straight the guys would have made the play. 

The Falcons D was playing to jump the routes over the middle because they believed that is what Frank/Bryce would be doing.  That's football.  And it's frankly predictable.  Most knew and projected going in Frank/Bryce would keep it short and in front of the safeties.  That's not breaking the rules.  That's just good defense. 

Direct timestamp for the question and answer.

He's giving Bates his flowers, not making excuses.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I’d be careful judging that statement without the full context. 

Also, I think some of this is extending grace to your rookie quarterback, and taking ownership of those picks as a the head coach. 

That’s not Rhule-ian at all. 

well, I finally listened to the full presser.  Sounded like a long winded version of saying the Falcons out game planned them.  They tried to make an adjustment at the half and couldn't make the plays to counter it in the end.  But totally would in the future. 

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, I finally listened to the full presser.  Sounded like a long winded version of saying the Falcons out game planned them.  They tried to make an adjustment at the half and couldn't make the plays to counter it in the end.  But totally would in the future. 

0AB07C2C-A8E4-4DB0-B7CA-85099988C125.jpeg

1 hour ago, CRA said:

You didn't catch the part about easing Bryce into things?

That was a fairly significant part of the presser.

• Pie 2

52 minutes ago, Icege said:

You didn't catch the part about easing Bryce into things?

That was a fairly significant part of the presser.

I caught all Frank said.  Again, he pretty much said the Falcons out game planned his O.  And it wasn’t complex.  He attempted to counter it in the 2nd half and couldn’t. 

I mean, I’m not a fan of Frank big picture.  Better than Rhule.  But he just saying standard coach bologna/spin. Old school HC that doesn’t need to be calling plays…..and talked about how he isn’t letting Bryce do the calls that Bryce certainly can do because he is old school.  Bryce can do it.   Everyone knows it took Jay Z 7 years.  And Frank wants to be in control of the O.  Which is the Frank problem IMO.  

Frank shouldn’t be calling the plays.   Said it when he was hired.  Said it when preseason backed it.  Still believe it.