• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What has Scott Fitterer done right?

hepcat

30 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I blame fitt because he and his staff supposedly had a 1rst round grade on MC and God knows what on Howell and traded up and then cut a year later.  One of those qbs is out of the league and the other is 2-0.  Thats an issue.  And it doesnt matter what other teams did its what we did.  Not sure why that even matters.  

If he cannot be judged by that situation then whats the point even?  Seems stupid to give him a pass on it.  Howell has looked like a nfl starter and Corral is God knows where at the moment.  At some point you have to take accountability for your choices.  How did your staff rank him so high and yet his career is effectively over.  Thats the problem

And where in any of my posts am I giving up on Bryce? 

From what we were told then Ben McAdoo was an advocate for drafting Corral. I will agree that was a mistake, we agree on that. If we had not drafted Corral I still am not sure that the choice would have been Howell. Howell had a fantastic sophomore year at Carolina. His junior year he did not look very NFL worthy. He lost 2 running backs to the NFL, he also lost 2 receivers. He did not have the supporting cast on the UNC team to support him and it was reflected in his draft ranking. 

2 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

From what we were told then Ben McAdoo was an advocate for drafting Corral. I will agree that was a mistake, we agree on that. If we had not drafted Corral I still am not sure that the choice would have been Howell. Howell had a fantastic sophomore year at Carolina. His junior year he did not look very NFL worthy. He lost 2 running backs to the NFL, he also lost 2 receivers. He did not have the supporting cast on the UNC team to support him and it was reflected in his draft ranking. 

my point still stands on the evaluation

and when the hell does a journeyman asst coach get input into drafting?

3 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

You really think two egomaniacs in Matt Rhule and David Tepper let Ben McAdoo pick their QB no questions asked?

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

my point still stands on the evaluation

and when the hell does a journeyman asst coach get input into drafting?

Just now, frankw said:

You really think two egomaniacs in Matt Rhule and David Teppet let Ben McAdoo pick their QB no questions asked?

Just now, frankw said:

You really think two egomaniacs in Matt Rhule and David Teppet let Ben McAdoo pick their QB no questions asked?

I did not say they let him pick him. There were several articles written then that stated that that was who McAdoo wanted. They must have considered his input. 

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dude, this is my last post on this because its so fuging stupid.  But do you honestly in your heart of hearts think every scout in the building and then every coach all thought Young was the #1 guy from the jump?  That is probably the most retarded thing I have read today on here.  Young isnt some Luck or Lawrence type generational talent. 

Not what it says...

The paragraph states that all of their scouts had the same opinion on Young, which isn't hard to believe at all. That doesn't necessarily mean they all thought he should be the pick, just that they all evaluated him similarly.

To be clear though, it also wouldn't be that hard to believe everyone ranked Young as the best. That doesn't require he be a generational prospect, just that he's the best available in this draft.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, frankw said:

You really think two egomaniacs in Matt Rhule and David Tepper let Ben McAdoo pick their QB no questions asked?

The entire staff gets input on their respective positions, and that's not unique to the Panthers.

McAdoo was the OC, so yeah he'd have input on the QB spot.

15 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Says the dude making stuff up 

As I said, you don't keep up. Please. Find the quote where someone said there was a Burrow, etc. in the 2023 draft. You won't find it. The evaluation of Young was he "would be" in that category if he were three inches taller. Richardson? Definitely not. Stroud. The evaluation of him was he couldn't improvise. Accurate passer stuck with his primary receiver. NONE of these guys were projected to be great, franchise QBs like Williams or Maye. As I said, keep up. You're just on here talking out your ***. My guess is you have no idea how to do a little research. What I just wrote was readily available last spring for anyone who can read.