• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Saints at Panthers MNF thread

Zod

12 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I was actually more impressed with Young last night than in the first game.  Made some nice throws there at the end and kept cool against one of the two or best three defenses in the NFL.  He looked better than Carr did, but Carr had better receivers.

To be honest, with a new coach, and a rookie qb, starting on the road against a good defense, and coming home to face one of the best defenses in the NFL, the season has gone about as I thought it would.   I do think we have a shot at getting better.

I also found the secret to just enjoying football and not letting it bother me.  Just avoid reading the comments here during and shortly after the game.  

lipstick meet pig

9 hours ago, restNChrist said:

$100 on Bryce never has a winning record in the NFL

You would lose too unless you mean with this team regardless on which QB you would have drafted. If Bryce and Purdy had switch teams, Panthers would still be 0-2 while the 49ers would be 2-0 with a better chance at winning the SB cause he can process Kyle complex playbook with ease. Bryce led Bama to a 13-2 record cause of his play and leadership which is why he was drafted number 1 duh.

27 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I was actually more impressed with Young last night than in the first game.  Made some nice throws there at the end and kept cool against one of the two or best three defenses in the NFL.  He looked better than Carr did, but Carr had better receivers.

To be honest, with a new coach, and a rookie qb, starting on the road against a good defense, and coming home to face one of the best defenses in the NFL, the season has gone about as I thought it would.   I do think we have a shot at getting better.

I also found the secret to just enjoying football and not letting it bother me.  Just avoid reading the comments here during and shortly after the game.  

I agree and a great post. I wouldn't want Carr on this team after all his choked jobs with the Raiders when they were so close to making the clinching the playoffs, he lays an egg. 

45 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

Bryce led Bama to a 13-2 record cause of his play and leadership

No, he led Bama to 13-2 because they have overall more talent than anyone except Georgia and they play far lesser talented teams 75% of the games each season.  It’s pretty simple to understand, that’s why so many college QB’s bust at the NFL level. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, GhostWhispah said:

I agree and a great post. I wouldn't want Carr on this team after all his choked jobs with the Raiders when they were so close to making the clinching the playoffs, he lays an egg. 

Carr is a dud, and has always been a dud. He'll have 2-3 good games and pick up a lot a stat stuffers in garbage time, just like always. The game still moves too fast for him.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Last night's game was rough to watch. The offense cannot find any kind of rhythm and cannot run the ball.  The receivers are not helping at all. Pay Luvu and Brown and forget about Burns. 

At the trade deadline a team will be desperate for Burns like the Rams were last year.  We obviously won't get that kind of return, but a 1st plus player or conditional pick should do the trick.  Brown needs to be extended ASAP.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

At the trade deadline a team will be desperate for Burns like the Rams were last year.  We obviously won't get that kind of return, but a 1st plus player or conditional pick should do the trick.  Brown needs to be extended ASAP.

It's too late to make up for the blunders Fitterer has made with these trades. He's over committed to Burns so now he's going to doubledown by overpaying for a one trick pony that's not that good at his one trick.  

He's totally botched this entire offseason trading. He created this mess and the team will suffer for it for several years because of it.

That's all I have to say about that.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Watching taysom fuging hill run for 10 yards a pop was fuging hilarious by the way. We let him effectively end the game with a 12 yard run on their last drive. 

Everyone and their grandmother knows when Hill is in the game he's running the ball, well everyone but this team apparently. 

2 hours ago, ickmule said:

No, he led Bama to 13-2 because they have overall more talent than anyone except Georgia and they play far lesser talented teams 75% of the games each season.  It’s pretty simple to understand, that’s why so many college QB’s bust at the NFL level. 

Obviously Bama are the cream in the crop in recruiting talent which is why they led the league in players being drafted.  NFL knows this which is why their QB so they so their homework. Bryce is the number 1 top picked from Bama since Joe Namath and will win be a SB MVP as well yet you been attacking him since week 1 like he's not accurate beyond 10 yards, yada yada like the clown that you are.

If Bryce is a bust I would never post on this forum ever again. He will most likely be traded and win it for another team.