• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young sucks

therealmjl

7 minutes ago, Dragoon11 said:

Bullcrap!!! I don't see ONE freaking player on that offense that can take a 5 yard slant and turn it into a 75 yard TD. Shenault did it ONE time last year. How old is Theilen now? And he has always just been a 3rd down possession/red zone guy, not a home run hitter. He showed what he is tonight. And like you said, Hayden Hurst has been MODERATE. Chark had 1 season where he looked like he may be THAT guy and since has done nothing. Who else do we have that NFL defenses just fear? NO ONE!! Sanders... potential, but NO CMC, TMJ? lol. We need to give Young time. Time to gel with his receiving corps and time for players to hopefully emerge.

We've still got some folks on here who want Newton back or think we need another version of him to be any good.

Reality though? There aren't a whole lot of Cam Newtons out there. Newton was way more unique than a lot of folks give him credit for.

The guy who people thought was this year's version of him has already been hurt in each of his first two games, with the second injury being a concussion.

What's also still true is that passing rules the NFL, not running. If your quarterback can't read a defense and be an effective passer, it doesn't matter if he's the greatest runner in the world. You're not going to win a Super Bowl with a guy like that.

If you believe we can, then maybe you should push the idea of trading for Taysom Hill and making him our franchise quarterback instead 🙄

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We've still got some folks on here who want Newton back or think we need another version of him to be any good.

Reality though? There aren't a whole lot of Cam Newtons out there. Newton was way more unique than a lot of folks give him credit for.

The guy who people thought was this year's version of him has already been hurt in each of his first two games, with the second injury being a concussion.

What's also still true is that passing rules the NFL, not running. If your quarterback can't read a defense and be an effective passer, it doesn't matter if he's the greatest runner in the world. You're not going to win a Super Bowl with a guy like that.

If you believe we can, then maybe you should push the idea of trading for Taysom Hill and making him our franchise quarterback instead 🙄

And I think that is what Young is doing. I think he IS a very cerebral QB that you can tell is trying to absorb it all and it is a bit overwhelming. OF COURSE it is!  But, I have a feeling that this kid is not sitting on his laurels. I'll guarantee you he is working, watching film, and consuming as much knowledge as he can. Stroud and AR might be doing better for now. But, NFL defenses WILL adjust and find their weaknesses... they watch film too. I would rather Young make mistakes right now because he is processing at the pace he needs, then suddenly, you just see it happen. It kind of happened with Lawrence last year. People need to just chill... all players develop and grow differently. We cannot expect a rookie QB with an all new coaching staff to be an all pro his rookie season, it's just nonsense what is being said. It's not a good look for our fanbase.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Cavscout said:

I think Bryce still has the potential to be a 10 year starter in the NFL. Is he going to be a Burrow, Mahomes, or Rodgers...I don't think so, but he could develop into a top 20 QB in the NFL. Give him time.

Still way too early to know anything for sure but dropping the capital Carolina did to take a guy that takes time to top out at top 20 QB status would be a hard pill to swallow.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Dragoon11 said:

Really? I've seen plenty of zip in his throws. More than enough to be a great QB in this league. The kid is processing and learning at a level that works for him. He's adjusting to the speed of NFL players, which EVERY rookie QB has problems with. Going from college to the NFL is a difficult transition. He has to learn a way more complicated playbook, learn to gel and bond with new teammates and coaches, has to build chemistry with his skilled offensive players (in which we're not seeing ANY that want that next level), has to learn to adjust at the line of scrimmage (understanding NFL defensive schemes) in a way you do not in college, and so much more...

Damn, you all act like this stuff should be easy. Every part of our team right now is brand new and for EVERYONE on the team. How about we give it a season (you know, the way people did when we didn't live in an instant gratification world, full of ADD people and keyboard expert analysts) before we completely write this kid off as a bust. Jeez.. SERIOUS, we're two freaking games in.

I bet you that this kid gets better as the season progresses. And, by the end of the season everyone will be singing a different tune. If not, I'll say I'm wrong and we'll see what next season brings. Trevor Lawrence looked like trash for a while... he looks pretty good now. How is that possible? Don't you think we should be rooting for this guy instead of writing him off after two weeks in an NFL uniform? What kind of fan base is this? Did everyone think this would be a playoff year? SMH!

It's a fan base that has seen 1 winning season since 2015 and has the worst overall W/L record since 2018.

We traded the farm for a QB in a Draft where there wasn't a generational QB talent. We then chose the physically limited kid, sold on the idea that he was so smart that he'd overcome his physical limitations.

We've then seen him look like the NFL is a level too far for him - whilst the other two QBs we were linked to have shown potential.

So yeah, it's that kind of fan base. They've run out of patience. 

• Pie 3

I understand the frustration on both sides.

Young is only 2 games into his career you gotta take the lumps as he matures into the position.

At the same time we're in a division that's for the taking and our defense is ready to win now.

We're not in a division with a Kansas City or Philadelphia Eagles

You have Desmond Ridder, Baker Mayfield, Derek Carr all sitting at 2-0.

The Panthers with just semblance of offense could be in that spot. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kenny Pickett has an average at best NFL arm and get watching him throw the ball it feels like watching Brett Favre after watching Bryce.

I thought Bryce's arm was NFL average prior to the draft. I was wrong. It ain't even close to NFL average. There aren't many "NFL throws" he can make. Receivers have to be NFL wide ass open for him to be able to fit the ball into them.

I've said since this process of evaluating bryce started that the kid doesnt have a nfl arm.  He just doesnt, maybe its because of his size I dont know but there is just no zip on his passes and my god he floated balls all last night. 

• Pie 1

Big Bama fan here not a Bryce fan. I watched this same thing from him at Alabama for 2 years. He has no deep ball accuracy so he can not keep defenses honest. Once defenses figure that out they just go after him. Last year his accuracy on passes more than 25 yards in the air was less than 30%. Why the media had Bryce kool aid all over there mouths for the last few years is beyond me 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1