• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best and Worst - PFF

CRA

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I think burns is massively overrated. Should have taken 2 1st and a 3rd 

At this point seeing how the offense has struggled I'm back on the we should have traded him bandwagon. We need to do everything we can to surround Bryce with a star studded offensive cast of players. Similar to what Burrow has in Cinci. If that comes down to sacrificing players on defense or even the OLine then so be it.

Bryce is not Cam. He's not going to win with Ted Ginn Jr., Philly Brown, Jerricho Cotchery, Brandon LaFell and etcetc. He needs top of the line talent on offense and I think that might partially be why we haven't resigned Burns yet.

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Offense - Best

1. WR Adam Thielen: 80.7
2. RT Taylor Moton: 72.8
3. LT Ikem Ekwonu: 68.2
4. RB Chuba Hubbard: 66.8
5. WR Laviska Shenault Jr.: 64.4

Offense-Worst

15. RG Cade Mays: 49.2
16. TE Tommy Tremble: 49.0
17. RG Calvin Throckmorton: 48.9
18. TE Hayden Hurst: 40.9
19. LG Chandler Zavala: 27.4

Defense-Best

1. S Xavier Woods: 88.2
2. LB Frankie Luvu: 87.0
3. S Vonn Bell: 81.9
4. S Jeremy Chinn: 77.3
5. LB Kamu Grugier-Hill: 76.7

Defense -Worst

14. CB CJ Henderson: 59.4
15. OLB Brian Burns: 57.9
16. CB Troy Hill: 56.1
17. OLB Amaré Barno: 52.4
18. CB Donte Jackson: 49.0

Panthers PFF grades: Best and worst from Week 2 loss to Saints (usatoday.com)

Here is an example of why the GM should be released either now or after the season. Preferably now. 

Offensive lines are not built with first round draft picks. They are built by personnel people who know what they are doing. A fourth rounder here, a free agent there, a first rounder for your left tackle. Fitt has now had three years to get this right. He hasn't

Yes, it takes time to build a team at your SKILL positions. NOT at offensive line. OL development is done by someone who knows what they are doing. Scouts, Coaching and GM.

There is NO excuse, after three years, Bryce Young (or Stroud or whomever) should have had to walk in to this mess.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Fitt was offered a ransom for someone he wouldn’t do contract with…..

we could of done a lot with those draft picks 

"we could of done a lot with those draft picks."  Really? What? I now have zero confidence in the GM. He's proving to be worse than Hurney. Hurney hit home runs in the first round. This guy hits home runs in NO round. 

It doesn't get done if your owner vetoes it, just for one possibility. In on every deal, except that one? Hmmm. 

I really do think that, considering Tepper and Rhule both being higher than Fitterer in the pecking order, if I were tasked with judging him, I mean, I think it would be very difficult to feel confident about my evaluation. Without the actual play by play, how can you know what to think?

I don't have any idea how much real power he has. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, stratocatter said:

Campen does, and we are in year two there. 

I think Campen is overrrated around here.  If you are on 5 different staffs/teams in 5 years and end up on Matt Rhule’s squad…..you probably aren’t an all star.   I don’t think he is a bad coach.   But he sort had been billed as on of our strengths and his resume doesn’t back that. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I hate to break it to you… but scouts and GMs do not develop players…..

Gosh. I didn't know that. Seriously, you truly believe putting together a football team is ALL about "developing players." How long have you followed the sport? A year? 

I guess in your world you could go round up 5 or 6 guys at the rec center and then the coaches will "develop them." 

In your world, the work the scouts and GM do to find players is a waste of time.