• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther what ifs

Mayor Qumiby

25 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I always wondered how 2016 would have gone had we not rescinded Josh Norman's tag like some dumbasses, which in turn led to using 60% of our draft picks on CBs that year. God this franchise is so damn incompetent lol

This is a good one…way to show the fan base and team that you’re not even trying to get back to the Super Bowl…letting Ted Ginn walk over a couple million dollars after the SB season was a huge mistake IMO. Him and Cam together was a big play waiting to happen. Why is our team so against fast WRs ha

• Pie 2

What if in 2015 we played the Patriots in the Super Bowl instead of the Broncos? We matched up a whole lot better to beat a team like the Patriots than the Broncos and with the whole deflate gate scandal maybe we would've been on the right side of the biased officiating as the commissioner and the league would've wanted to stick it to the Patriots instead of wanting to give their golden boy Payton Manning a feel-good story send off. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

What if in 2015 we played the Patriots in the Super Bowl instead of the Broncos? We matched up a whole lot better to beat a team like the Patriots than the Broncos and with the whole deflate gate scandal maybe we would've been on the right side of the biased officiating as the commissioner and the league would've wanted to stick it to the Patriots instead of wanting to give their golden boy Payton Manning a feel-good story send off. 

Yeah I really thought we were going to play the Pats. Wanted the rematch. In the SB in wonder what would’ve happened if we’d just went power run from heavy formations to wear out their smaller Dline  instead of playing right into their strength which was their pass rush and secondary vs our “all world” tackles and WR’s. Probably the worst game plan I’ve ever seen on that stage. They had me calling for Fox ball ha

11 hours ago, Mayor Qumiby said:

Just throwing random questions out there to get rid of some of these doom and gloom threads.

But what are some of the biggest  "what ifs " y'all think when it comes to the Panthers.

Mine is always what if nipple shorts never cut Smitty and he played here through 2016 ??

Would him and Cam become a Moss and Culpeper style of players... would we have won the Superbowl??

Maybe it would have gotten very toxic and maybe the Panthers don't have the same 2015 season as they did... who knows.

God, imagine Smitty on that 2015 team.  Smith deserved to be a part of a Panthers team that was that good.  Its a damn shame. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

What if some Beverly Hillbilly Oklahoma City  oil tycoon  was awarded the franchise instead of JR?  We wouldn’t be having this conversation.  

We would still have a team.  The Charlotte area market is too big and too valuable to not have an NFL team.  Lots of space on the east coast between Atlanta and DC. 

What if John Fox gave Matt Moore a fair shot to compete for the job in 2008?

Delhomme had a few moments but he was the weakest link of that team. Moore was the better player at that point in their careers. 

I would have liked to have seen Jake benched after the first two picks against ARZ. I think Moore could have won that game.

• Flames 1

A couple more recent ones I was mulling over yesterday.

What if Tepper canned Hurney before he canned Rivera?  Assuming the GM position got filled with someone savvy before the search for a new HC, perhaps we never hire The Process.

What if The Process hadn't reacted to Bridgewater's criticism by burning him at the stake?  Then we stick to the original plan and never wind up trading a slew of draft picks and burning additional cap space for Darnold.  That one gets into a lot more what-ifs, because it is possible or even likely we don't keep Bridgewater around for an expensive year three and wind up with Mayfield, and last year turns out about like last year did.  But, who would have been the 2nd round pick in 2022 that we threw away in the Darnold deal?

If we want to go back to the 2015 season, what if Gano does not ring the third-quarter FG attempt off the right upright.....or what if they had called the obvious offsides on Denver on that same kick?  Maybe things turn out the same way only the score winds up 23-13 (unlikely the Donkeys go for 2 on the last TD), or maybe, just maybe, things being 3 points tighter changes the rest of the second half.