• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young performance graph #2

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

1000% chance if Drake Maye put up 1 TD no INTS the "Bryce looks like Clausen" crowd would be saying "Drake needs help, it's not on him"

Guess y'all didn't see my responses in the college Game Day thread when Drake Maye threw two awful head scratching INTs, but don't let me interfere with the Copium Strawman Brigade! 😂

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't.

I've watched games on TV and watched them live. And from that experience, I can tell you for example that you don't get anywhere near as much sense of just how fast a player really is unless you see them live.

As far as watching a pass, seeing it on TV you're really watching the camera move. In person, you're only watching the ball.

If you're just watching someone throw such as in a combine or pro day type of setting, yes that's the case, but not in a game.

Because it's never about pure arm strength anyways, it's about getting the ball to where it needs to be in comparison to the defenders, when the DB is able to close the gap because the ball takes too long to get there, it's clear as day and easier to see on TV since you can see the whole field at once.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

My guy I've seen countless either mediocre or flat out awful QB's with my own eyes playing for this team. The offensive issues are not on one player and so far our head coach looks clueless but Bryce Young needs to play much better football too. I'm sorry you're too delicate to discuss that but we acknowledge reality here.

Bryce absolutely needs to play better. He is missing too many throws. He’s rattled and doesn’t seem confident in this system. But I don’t blame him. It’s a bad offense, a bad scheme, and a bad game plan. That’s reality.

But the swarm of miserable “fans” in here calling him a bust after 2 games do not have a clue what they’re talking about.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Newtcase said:

I didn't say they were.  I said he had the 3rd longest pocket time....for whatever reason.  The point of my reply is that if you're going to paint the picture that BY is being pressured heavily then part of that picture is how damn long he's standing in the pocket with the ball, WHICH ISN'T ON THE GRAPH.

Gotta wonder if part of holding to ball too long is waiting on throwing lanes to open so he can see. A lot was made about his size, but realistically, how fast can you identify receivers when you're looking into the shoulders of 5-6 tall guys. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Gotta wonder if part of holding to ball too long is waiting on throwing lanes to open so he can see. A lot was made about his size, but realistically, how fast can you identify receivers when you're looking into the shoulders of 5-6 tall guys. 

Always been my concern. He, himself, said if the lane isn't there, he goes with anticipation (could that have been a factor regarding those 2 INTs last week?)...otherwise he has to run out of the pocket and "extend" plays.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, joemac said:

But he does have the physical ability to make the plays?  Are we watching the same games here?  His WRs are not getting open,  plain and simple.  Has he been setting the world on fire these 2 games?  Absolutely not, but its a far cry from some of the retarded takes Ive read around here these past couple days.  Bryce completed 67% of his passes on Monday.  No INTs.  And we lost to one of the top defenses in the NFL by 3 points.  I get being down because we're 0-2, but this hyper negative attitude towards BY and everything hes done so far is borderline weird. 

Keep in mind, a lot of these people were calling Derrick Brown a bust a few years ago.

• Pie 2